Is this guy serious?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 1, 2009
Italy
I look after myself. But I'm sure my magic would be as strong if I had messy hair and my shirt wasn't ironed.

I have my own style, and looking swish is a part of that.

I agree you have to " look the part " , but sometimes you need to know what that part is.

I was just disagreeing that 70% of my perfomance is me.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
But come on, he is using THE EXACT SAME patter as Bill, I know how the tricks goes, but at least it would have been refreshing to see some twists or his own take on the effect, not using the exact same patter, even his voice tone sounds like Bill's.
.:)

That sin has been commited by hundreds of people here who have posted videos of other peoples effects. Either copying script or just the "look,watch" lines over and over.

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
I look after myself. But I'm sure my magic would be as strong if I had messy hair and my shirt wasn't ironed.

I have my own style, and looking swish is a part of that.

I agree you have to " look the part " , but sometimes you need to know what that part is.

I was just disagreeing that 70% of my perfomance is me.

I have my own style too, I look very street-like, but in a paid performance in a private party, corporate event or wedding, I have to look nice, without losing my style, and trust me, that enhances my magic.

the magic is strong in your hands but when you whole-self is nice and different then the magic becomes more powerful

but that´s just me

Sep 1, 2007
UK
I really cannot understand what all the bashing is for!

Does it make you feel better in yourself to point out a few minor flaws in an otherwise decent and crowd-pleasing performance?

Maybe you think perfect sleights are more important than the experience of the audience. If so, then that is the truly sad story, here, not that this guy apparently couldn't be bothered to do his sleights well (according to some of the comments here).

Joe

May 3, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com
My point here is, we should't just be like "Oh, I got the moves semi-decently, I'll just copy the other guy patter."

It is just plain mediocre, my biggest concern with this guy is that he is like "okay, im getting pay, why the H should I try to be better?"

And I get your point man, we can do whatev when whant as long as we entertein the audicence, that's why it doesn't matters if he did the routine exactly like Bill. But the difference with bill version is that he at least interacted with his audicences.

I dont know if you noticed, but the whole video that this guy Jeff has, it wanst made on a single shot, and by that I mean, that the "close up " and the other point of view were not in synch. I don't know if you catched that. But either way, can you imagine this guy performing for a real audience? Im pretty sure the audience would just be bored and after seeing the same 2 false shuffles, the trick becomes pretty uninteresting.

point taken, but the thing is, during Sam the Bellhop, the audience isnt seeing the false shuffles. they are listening to the story. thats the whole point of the routine. any audience member probably knows youre controlling the cards somehow, the interesting part is hearing the story.

to say that the audience would be bored because of the false shuffles is to miss the point of patter entirely.

Yes, i can imagine him performing to a real audience. its better than the half decent monotone patter most young magicians have decided to pass off as their "faced paced in your face direct to the point" style.

D

Deleted member 2755

What is this thread supposed to accomplish besides bashing someone?

-Doug

Oct 15, 2008
Tennessee
My Apologies

Im sorry about the last thread i posted, i realized it had no real purpose.
I really wasn't trying to bash anyone.

My apologies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results