Who is the most creative mind in magic?

May 14, 2009
France
Ben Earl for his great performance style and his effective effects.

Michael Vincent for his skill and for his Brainwave trick without a Brainwave deck.

Paul Harris' material is absolutely awesome. I personally made a decent living off his magic, alone. As others have said, other mainstream magicelebs (like Blaine and Copperfield) have built their entire reputations off his creative perspective of the art. I love Paul Harris' stuff, and in my book-- he is the most creative mind in magic today.

For other fans of Paul Harris, I also recommend looking into David Harkey's stuff. His magic is very reminiscent of Paul Harris' unorthodox thinking. For example, he makes a deck of cards petrify into a solid block of rock. He melts a solid spoon in a cup of hot coffee. I think David Harkey is one of the most underrated magicians in the community, but his work is very, very original and fun to perform. I'm not sure if he's still creating and performing, but the few published works he currently has out are highly, highly recommended.

RS.

Nov 13, 2009
Amazing guys! All great responses thanks you so much and you all are right the magicians you mentioned are creative geniuses. Have you guys heard of Jeff Prace he is a very young magician and creator. I have seen a new effect he is comming out with chewing gum that looks amazing and Paul Harris speaks very hightly of his magic! I was wondering if you guys had heard of him but lol if he is coming out effects at his age their has got to be some amazing effects on their way.

Once again thanks all for the great responses,

Christian

Sep 1, 2007
New Zealand
Well played Matt.

Someone that is really taking a spot in my mind is Steve Haynes.

I recently brought his Casanova Closer and holy **** is that some crazy clever thinking. Plus his Hand Out 500 is incredibly clever.

Richard Sanders is very creative...Interlaced is one amazing piece of thinking

Dec 30, 2008
Brad Christin's magik iz so gud!!

Jay Sankey is a master magician when it comes to business cards!!

I like Houdin, Houdini... well, to get a little more recent, Teller and Houchin.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
And everyone in the past four pages has failed to mention Jerry Andrus. Or Marlo. Or Kenner. Funny stuff, actually.

Maybe they just dont jump off to them as particularly creative.Or because those answers would be too expected or cliche.

I really cant say because this question is strictly matter of opinion and I cant stick with one person.

May 14, 2009
France
MattTarrant> I totally agree with you, some of the magicians in here seems to only know the theory11 magicians which is just a little facet of magic world.

Michael Vincent, Ben Earl, Marlo, Dai Vernon, Erdnase, Bebel, Michael Ammar, Chad Nelson,...

THEY are not on theory11 but they are great magicians ! :)

My prefered magician from theory11 is Wayne Houchin because he has such a flawless performance style and he seems to control his audience very easily :D

Jul 12, 2008
Kendal
Shame on you all. Only one person had the intelligence to say Derren Brown. Seriously you all do need to open your eyes to the world outside of T11. I think Wayne Houchin is the best T11 artist...

Nov 19, 2008
Dai Vernon
Paul Harris
Jay Sankey
Daniel Madison (his stuff is practical, you guys are just limiting yourselves)
David Solomon
Ed Marlo
Lennart Green (really? nobody mentioned him? with all the top shots I see you guys doing?)
Joshua Quinn (his is the only mentalism material I perform.)
Joshua Jay
Ricky Jay (for his awesome performance style)
Pit Hartling

Now THERE is a list.

Shame on you all. Only one person had the intelligence to say Derren Brown. Seriously you all do need to open your eyes to the world outside of T11. I think Wayne Houchin is the best T11 artist...

Yeah.... especially since Andy Nyman is behind a large majority of the effects he does. So maybe do research or just don't speak out of ignorance, Derren does a few effects and a far better performer than Andy but he is the brains behind the operation.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results