Can you levitate? Really?

Dec 30, 2009
Well you could of course by levitation effects off of ellusionist...(not recommended)
Also you could ignore them...:( or you could make up some sort of patter since you get asked so often...or...just say "no"

what do you have against ellusionist? ive baught a bunch of stuff from them, theyre cards are great quality and nothing ive baught from them has been complete crap yet.....

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
what do you have against ellusionist? ive baught a bunch of stuff from them, theyre cards are great quality and nothing ive baught from them has been complete crap yet.....

What can you tell him about their levitation effects though?
Since thats what he was singling out and not other products.

Dec 24, 2009
I got this question a few times early in magic start and realized if they are asking then I must be showing them something pretty damn boring. They should be amazed with what you can do, which is what you presented. See the point.

No jokes come to mind Steerpike, except maybe

"Can you Levitate?" Spec

"Well, can you?" Me

"No" Spec

"Guess we're on a even playing ground then." Me

Geez that's a horrible joke, oh well instead of trying to come up with witty comebacks and failing like I just showed a first class example of. Try to work on why they would be bored, maybe because they don't give a s**t about two cards being sandwhiched.

It's all about the performance kiddies, you show them something they want to see and they won't worry about what they aren't seeing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 30, 2009
Solve the problem by actually learning a levitation method. Seems like it would actually be the best method of solving the problem.

lol thats what ive been thinking the entire time, i mean is it really that much of a hassle to pull off a balducci? most people who know the balducci assume thats how all levitations are done if you dont have strings or camera tricks, so as such they wont ask for a levitation

Dec 30, 2009
What can you tell him about their levitation effects though?
Since thats what he was singling out and not other products.

well ill be honest king rising isnt the best, its angles are manageable for a few people but any more than like 2 or 3 and ur out of it

they also sell levitator by andrew mayne, i cant really speak for it cuz i dont have it but judging by what i know there is at least one that would be decent on stage, but it says some for the street too,

they also sell criss angel self levitation dvd, i am sad to say that due to the fact that before i started buying stuff from magic shops i would use youtube to find my tricks (sorry) and i saw where somebody posted criss angel showing how to do a levitation on there, from what i could see it was from that dvd, and i can tell you the the angels are not too much better than king rising but its much more worth it because you can clearly see both feet rise up off the ground and levitate like 2 feet onto a chair, thing is this one cost 99 bux, plus you have to make a gimmick which is around 100 dollars i believe, not cheep, but definitely worth it i would say, the levitation was good enough criss angel used it on tv i believe

Jul 13, 2009
Participants "Can you levitate?"

Me "Why yes I can, but unfortunately I can only do it twice a day."

Participant "Can you do it now"

Me "I could but need it to get home, how do you think I got here, by car. Pfft so primitive." Goofy smile "Besides I'd hate to end the fun now, I am just beginning!"

Yes that is exactly how I would reply, but it's only because that is my personality. Not saying it's correct just what I would say.

Dec 3, 2009
In my own world
Whenever people ask me if I can levitate, I usually say stuff like "I can, but it takes a lot of energy and I don't think I can do it right now." That may sound stupid, but it works.

Sep 1, 2007
Whenever people ask me if I can levitate, I usually say stuff like "I can, but it takes a lot of energy and I don't think I can do it right now." That may sound stupid, but it works.

Smartest answer yet. Nothing to prove.

There's another reason that happens. You haven't made any sort of impact as a person. Frankly, they don't care about you as a person. You haven't shown them who you are, only that your two aces have sandwiched a card. Therefore, the only reference they have in interacting with you is their image of a generic (better - sorry) magician.

Show your personality, and you won't get the questions any more.

It doesn't matter how good of an effect that you perform, the spectator only wants to see something that they are used to seeing on t.v for example. I can't count the number of times that people have asked me if I could levitate ,cut a person in half or vanish. I nearly made a spectator pass out after a few performances today and the first thing he asked me after was if I could levitate. Just inherited portions of performing.

Dec 7, 2008
UK, Birmingham
you could say something like this.

Yes of course. But to do that i need a camera crew, a green screen, a good cutter and a fake audience!

Than you ask.

Maybe it will work with just the fake audience... Are you fake?

Probably they say: NO!

So you response: You're not? Oh well... then my magic have to be real!

dude i love that. i wanna use that as an kinda opener thing lol

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results