Spin | Matt Sconce

Apr 1, 2009
California
Sounds... like magic. There's no better feeling in magic than when you yourself feel like what you're doing is magic. and this sounds like it will provide that. Especially the no gimmicks etc...

Nov 5, 2007
Sounds... like magic. There's no better feeling in magic than when you yourself feel like what you're doing is magic. and this sounds like it will provide that. Especially the no gimmicks etc...

That is EXACTLY how the magician will feel. I love tricks like this because of that reason. They feel like real magic to perform. That frees the magician to focus on his presentation instead of the workings of the trick. -Matt

Nov 5, 2007
This has actually got me fooled. A rare thing that is.

J.

SPIN is one of those things where when you do it you still feel fooled because it feels real. Let me know what you think if you end up picking it up. The separate releases of the DVD and Download should be coming out soon. The pre-release deal with instant download now option is still available until that time.:) Best wishes and Happy new year everyone! -Matt Sconce

Nov 5, 2007
Tim does a great job with Motion and many others have similarly waded into the realm of moving small things with the seeming power of the mind, and all people who's shoulders SPIN stands on and jumps off of are credited in the DVD. SPIN jumps into the world of impromptu PK magic and takes it to another level by exploring how to move large objects as well as small objects, specifically focused on how to make them SPIN. It is an exploration into a commonly underestimated element of magic. I teach the method, technique, and tips to make it great, in extreme detail on the Download/DVD. There are some great applications of the method with a magic coin and music conductor application by myself, as well as a Gypsy routine, and a card routine by Shaun Dunn and Shane Black.

Many reviews are in and each one has been extremely positive, so I am excited about SPIN's official release in a couple days. The pre-order phase with the free Power Word: Fall download lasts a few more days and then the SPIN DVD or download will drop to its normal price and be available to be purchased individually. I have heard some great stories of reaction achieved by the use of this effect and would love to hear more!

Here is one from a mentalist in Italy, Mark Hitton. English is not his first language so please understand any grammatical errors as the story is worth it:

"Hi Matthew.
in a restaurant while eating pizza the argument was about
the existence of pk phenomena.
most people believe in this power I think.
there was a knife on the table I used to cut pizza and I started telling stories about pk forces.
I did the effect once and their scared faces seems like scream
mask movie.
then I asked the chef to take a very big knife they used for cutting meat.
you are blowing ,there is a thread I see it .....
ok check the knife ,the table ,the bottle,the chef,and then I make the big knife move!!!!!
they now think I have a strange energy given by spirits.
all this with your creation !!!
thanks
mark "

Best wishes! Matt Sconce

Nov 5, 2007
Hooray! SPIN is officially for individual sale on Paper Crane's website! http://www.papercranemagic.com/spin.htm The DVD can be purchased or the download, or both. I am excited for more people to get their hands on this and to hear more stories start to roll in of applications of the effect. For those of you who were waiting, Wait no longer, and let me know how it goes with SPIN. Sincerely, Matt Sconce

Nov 5, 2007
Great review just was posted on the Cafe that I thought I would share here. It comes from Ben Williams from Magic from the Underground. Hope it helps some of you wanting more info about this! :) Best Wishes! -Matt Sconce

"Just took the plunge and I can say I am very happy I did!

I have known of this method but didn't understand it fully as it was a friend who touched on the subject a couple of years ago whilst talking about pk effects.

Matt is a great teacher and it is very easy to watch and understand, I love that the method is actually described in such detail, it really gives you a visual understanding of what is going on.

I had no idea how versatile this method is, I applaud Matt for studying the technique and passing on the why's and how's of Spin.

This is one of those effects that you cannot wait to go out and try, this coupled with Energy Bill and you could create a storm!

Thank you Matt, I really appreciate what you have put out here, I wish you every success with this project.

Go buy this now!

http://www.papercranemagic.com/spin.htm

I recommend this to anyone interested in magic!

Best,

Ben Williams
www.magicfromtheunderground.com "

Nov 5, 2007
2 more great reviews including Tim Trono of Murphy's Magic! :D

On 2010-01-15 14:28, Tim Trono wrote:
I watched Spin last week. Matt has done a great job. Many of you are already familiar with the basic idea but Matt has really pulled this principle apart, studied it, played with it, pushed the boundaries, and imparts all of the information he has learned on Spin. I think it is vital to know this type of information. One should always be ready to do magic and Matt really teaches you how to do some amazing impromptu animation effects. If you have Spin and Energy Bill you have amazing impromptu animation magic and it is hard to get a stronger effect for laymen. Learn Spin, Energy Bill, Sinful, Fizz Master, Titan's Finger, etc. and you are always set for a miracle. I used Spin at a restaurant and the waiter was blown away. This DVD is highly recommended.

Tim Trono

On 2010-01-15 14:54, Nechto wrote:
I showed Spin to a friend yesterday and he was completely gobsmacked! I didn't even get it 'set free' and spinning, it was more smaller movements which I think added to it. He was literally looking at the pen then me then the pen then me etc, oh and after all that looking he picked his chin up off the floor and sat there making strange hand poses to the pen desperately trying to emulate 'chi'. Classic.

Thanks again Matt!

Oh I floored my boss at the magic shop as well!!!!!

Woo hoo!

Jun 20, 2009
near paris
spin

spin is too good ,when i first tried it, it's like i have had real power !!!
it even fool myself !!
it's just an amazing piece of magic totaly impromtu, no gimmick, no thread no magnet, just the bottle, the pen and you
it freaks people out
this is real, thank so much you Matt
daniel
french magician

Nov 5, 2007
spin is too good ,when i first tried it, it's like i have had real power !!!
it even fool myself !!
it's just an amazing piece of magic totaly impromtu, no gimmick, no thread no magnet, just the bottle, the pen and you
it freaks people out
this is real, thank so much you Matt
daniel
french magician

Thanks Daniel!

Just did a Google search for SPIN and it is now everywhere. You should be able to get it from your local dealer no problem. Have a wonderful day and SPIN the world! -Matt Sconce

Sep 15, 2007
www.myspace.com
Welp, I can move a pen, straw and little things like that so far. My mind isn't strong enough yet to move a tape/Big (bleep) Kitchen knife YET. MUWAHAHAHAHA, I shall rule the world with this new ability. But I digress, buy this. No regrets.

Nov 5, 2007
...MUWAHAHAHAHA, I shall rule the world with this new ability. But I digress, buy this. No regrets.

Sweet! Glad to hear you loving this effect. If you are going to take over the world with this new ability let me know before hand so I can organize a resistance force armed with the Power Word: Fall. :cool:

-Matt Sconce

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Haha! I can see it now ... one half starts spinning everything around them, the other half knocks everything spinning to the floor...

Nov 5, 2007
Here are some recent comments from buyers of SPIN. I thought I would post them as thet spent their hard earned money for the effect and I do not know them in any way. Here is what they wrote:

"By far the best impromptu trick you can purchase, well worth the money!!

This trick is everything they advertise. Totally impromptu, can almost use every object that can balance on a smooth surface, and defiantly a great opener. Matt has found the secret to a great trick and teaches the method with great detail. He covers performance, cleanup, and even gives extra tips. I was very impressed with the DVD quality and the thought put into it. I would recommend to all my magic friends...
Reviewed by Chris Smith on Jan 22, 2010"

"straight up simple, clean, impromptu MAGIC

nothing represents the art of magic better than MOVING SOMETHING WITH YOUR MIND

this is literally one of the best tricks you can buy

3 second setup-- as easy as pretending to clean the object (i usually just use a pen like in Motion by Tim David)
Reviewed by James Wilson on Jan 21, 2010 "

Hope that helps some of you know what people think of the effect! -Matt Sconce

Nov 5, 2007
Here is another review that came in I will share:

"They told me that i was awesome!
Reviewed by Pasha Tarzi on Jan 25, 2010

All i can say is wow!
I mean it´s pure awesomeness!
You really make it spin and for thouse of you that think that u spin it with ur finger no you dont. It spins with power. Really it is "your" power!
And you dont have anything thats the cool thing.
I showed it in school today, and everyone was quiet in about 5 sec. After the 5 seconds everyone started to swear! They told me that i was awesome!
And when they wanted to try it. haha they just looked stupid.

I highly recommend this. I dont have the dvd. I got the Download.

and ye... Matt did a GREAT job

BUY ITTTTTT

BUY BUY BUY BUY. "

I love hearing stories like this! Makes my day. -Matt Sconce

Nov 5, 2007
cant do spin. for exposure reasons, i will only say i think it has something to do with my location ?

I have never had someone "Not be able to do" SPIN based on location. Shoot me a PM and I will try to help you get it working. :D -Matt

Nov 5, 2007
New review in and more to come soon:

Unbelievable
Reviewed by Will Eckert on Jan 26, 2010

"At first i thought this would maybe be a dissapointing trick but i bought it anyway. Once i watched the video i was amazed. at first i thought i was being ripped off but after i practiced it a couple times i was preforming it perfectly. Amazing tirck and they dont lie. There are no strings, magnets, blowing, and no gimmick to be made. Just completely unbelievable."

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results