Trick Safety

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
This thread concerns the safety of Daniel Garcia's smoke effect, known as Warning or No Smoking. I have his original Next notes, so I didn't buy Warning, but they're similar if not identical in method. How safe is it? I've heard a lot about its dangers but Danny himself says its safe. Who's right? Thanks in advance.

Ian

Dec 12, 2009
London Uk
I dont know where I remember hearing this but some said they took away the dvd because it had harmful side-effects on people.

Do not know if it is true, so dont take my complete word for it.

Also heard a guy on E saying he had a sore throat the day after he performed it

Sep 3, 2007
Most of us aren't doctors but I do think it is bad for you if done too much. Tom Mullica had this trick on one of his videos and seemed pretty convinced that its not the best trick to do all the time. I don't mind doing it every once in a while. Done rarely, I doubt it would be a health problem.

Jan 13, 2008
On the DVD he goes more in depth to where he gets his information. He consulted some doctors, and apparently it's completely safe. The amount of stuff inside of the gimmick isn't enough to harm you, even if performed often. However, just to err on the side of caution, he suggests not performing it TOO often.

From what I've heard, it was pulled from E because of complaints from parents, and fear of lawsuits.

Also, apparently it's going to feel uncomfortable the first few times you do it, but that doesn't last long.

From my experience, I was never able to get used to it, I'm guessing because of my allergy to smoke (cigarette smoke, but I wouldn't be surprised if it extended to this). My girlfriend, on the other hand, was able to perform the effect flawlessly without feeling uncomfortable beyond the first try.

So, it's really up to you whether or not you'd like to give it a try. If it's still uncomfortable past the first day or so of trying it out, I would personally pass on it, as I tend to err on the side of caution when it comes to my health. :)

Sep 6, 2009
Cincinnati
Most of us aren't doctors but I do think it is bad for you if done too much. Tom Mullica had this trick on one of his videos and seemed pretty convinced that its not the best trick to do all the time. I don't mind doing it every once in a while. Done rarely, I doubt it would be a health problem.

Tom Mullica eats lit cigarette's, 12 at a time. He says it hurts, but as long as the audience is laughing, he keeps going.

he's a ninja.

i already posted this in another thread but i can find it so ill say it again. In garcias dvd warning he says when he consulted the doctors they said of course its not gonna be good for you but it also is not going to affect you unless you do about 20 matchbooks a day everyday for the rest of your life. so if you wanna do it once or twice its not gonna kill ya just don't use it like a chain smoker.

As for tom mullica just watch this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU3O3Fsj-WQ

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results