Disgrace or Amazingness?

May 3, 2008
I agree with the above poster. It literally is too good. I watched his video over and over again and the top card literally doesn't move or change. In order to do a classic pass to control a card to the top the top card needs to be covered at one point but he literally never covers it up.

May 3, 2008
If he were that good, then there would be no way in the world that he's keeping all these techniques to himself. I doubt he is real or else he'd be the bigges thing in magic right now.

May 3, 2008
If he were that good, then there would be no way in the world that he's keeping all these techniques to himself. I doubt he is real or else he'd be the bigges thing in magic right now.

He actually tries to prove that wrong by pretending to sell his "material" while really nobody has ever seen it as it is always sold out or no longer for sale. He tries to explain that this is because he only sells a few copies but that's just not true. Nobody has yet to see ANYTHING.

Also, it's a bit obvious that he edits lots of his videos when he runs/works for a video production company. If he edits video for a living, he could certainly do it on YouTube.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Even if it was his real skill. His technicality means nothing in the real world.
What im saying is,technical prowess doesnt impress me anymore. These past 6 years thats ALL magic was about anymore that it almost made me sick. So its something I dont care much for anymore.
And besides,our audience could care less. Those are sleights by magicians for magicians to show off to other magicians. Its all largely useless.

Dec 5, 2009
Actually, This is identical to Kozmo's pass. He showed it to me the other night and blew me away.

May 3, 2008
Even if it was his real skill. His technicality means nothing in the real world.
What im saying is,technical prowess doesnt impress me anymore. These past 6 years thats ALL magic was about anymore that it almost made me sick. So its something I dont care much for anymore.
And besides,our audience could care less. Those are sleights by magicians for magicians to show off to other magicians. Its all largely useless.
I agree to an extent. Average sleight of hand will get you by in front of spectators. Simplest moves can get you amazing reactions, so no one's technique needs to be outstanding, just decent. Learning the basics well will help you out more than learning the more difficult, flashy moves in the long run.
However, good technique in the real world does help spectators who try to reconstruct the effect in their heads. A good pass that looks like you did nothing with your hands looks better and cleaner than say a Double Undercut because it looks like you never manipulated the cards. If he were using his "pass" alone for an Ambitious Card, it would look just like real magic. No finger flutter, no manipulation and normal deck to spectators means no explanation. Of course, most magicians don't learn it for this purpose; they just want to show off.

Sep 24, 2007
Why does it even matter? He's fooling us, isn't that the point? He's providing "magic for magicians." We're entertained, and we're his primary audience. He's just doing his job as magician, albiet using methods that we're not used to, like editing. How is that different from a video that uses a double lift to move a card from the middle to the top and having the title be "I use magic to make a card move?"

Dec 18, 2009
No this guy is fake. Just look at this video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFxWtsQyl9o He uses a block pushover to hide the face-up king second from the top. He uses duplicates for probably all of his controls. I'm going to second another post saying that if he was real he'd be the next big thing in magic...

Dec 20, 2009
Mumbai, India
This is an interesting topic although im not really sure...his classic pass and many other card tricks seem to be fake

But how can he fake this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q9KYhCip0k

Im not sure when I first saw his card tricks i also thought they were fake but i couldnt think of any possible way to fake the coin vanish or this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dc3z3nEexg&feature=channel

Im pretty sure those are real since i cant think of any way to "fake" them

but faking the card tricks definately doesnt give out a good vibes from that guy

so im really not sure :(.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results