Jerry's Nugget Cards

Jan 19, 2010
California
A lot of people say Jerrys Nuggets are great, yeah they are not printing anymore but they dont even fan. Why do all of the famous magicians use them?

Jerry's do fan, they are one of the best cards there are, likewise they are also the most expensive (that I know of). They havn't been in print for 35 years, which is a plus, it is like a bottle of wine, the longer you leave it the better it gets. Same with cards, the finish is just "brewing". They have a special finish that no other cards have that is pheonomial. Many people use them not only because they are great, but because they are rare and because they are expensive. If I could I would use them.

Jun 22, 2009
There going back to print in the next couple of months. Info provided by Lee Asher via Twitter.

Nov 23, 2007
NC
There going back to print in the next couple of months. Info provided by Lee Asher via Twitter.
Well, their not really going back to print. The machines that printed them dont exist anymore. Lee happens to have a huge stash and releases some for sale every year.

You can find out more at this link or use the search button as there are about 100 threads on this topic.

Sep 1, 2007
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT R.E. JERRY'S NUGGET PLAYING CARDS:
....wait for it....
....here it comes....
They are JUST playing cards people!
..."the finish is just brewing"....oh, dear.

Cheers,
David.

May 9, 2008
#1. All of the famous magicians DON'T use them. You know the reason why Lee Asher has so many? He bought them for cheap when no one cared about them! He probably paid less than a $2/deck. The only reason anybody likes them is because of Dan and Dave. Yes, they are decent cards, but they are not the best deck ever. They have a unique design and feel. That's it. There are many many different decks that have a unique design and feel. I'd suggest people not waste their money just so they can "be like mike"... in this case Dan and Dave.

Dec 12, 2009
London Uk
Yeah they are way over hyped but I still do have a couple of decks I will only use on the most important of times, like my first tour or something.

Vorezo

Elite Member
Mar 21, 2009
Actually, that's wrong. He bought a whole lot from a private seller less than 3 years ago. I can guarantee you that it wasn't $2 a deck.

Now while that could be true, he did buy a ton a long time ago for cheap. Or at least what he told me!

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT R.E. JERRY'S NUGGET PLAYING CARDS:
....wait for it....
....here it comes....
They are JUST playing cards people!
..."the finish is just brewing"....oh, dear.

Cheers,
David.

Living in wine country does have an effect on a person. ;)

I agree they are just cards, as long as you take care of any of your cards there is no reason to be paying hundreds of dollars for some that may be just as good

May 9, 2008
Now while that could be true, he did buy a ton a long time ago for cheap. Or at least what he told me!

Thanks for the backup Vorezo. Yes, perhaps he did pick up MORE from a private collector less than 3 years ago, but initially he bought a ton previous to that for cheap.

I do like the design, and I do wish I had a deck, but for different reasons that probably most. I would never pay the exhorbitant money for these cards that people are asking. People even producing fakes to make money off these... it should make people take a step back and realize that they are only cards.

JasonEngland

theory11 artist / card mechanic
Nov 7, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
For anyone that is interested in using a deck of Jerry's, as opposed to putting it on a shelf and hoping it appreciates in value, I have a deck that I opened once for a photo shoot last year and immediately put back in the case after a ribbon spread or two. All cards and both Jokers are of course present, and were never taken out of new deck order.

With sealed Jerry's selling for $150+ per deck at times, I'd be willing to sell this opened but essentially brand new deck for $75.

PM me if you're interested.

Jason

PS: Of course, guaranteed original -- no fakes or counterfeits.

Nov 23, 2007
NC
as opposed to putting it on a shelf and hoping it appreciates in value, I have a deck that I opened once for a photo shoot last year and immediately put back in the case after a ribbon spread or two.
Do you realize the irony in that?
A deck that was used by you with possibly one of the jokers signed before sent would probably go for almost double the original value and would almost certainly be put on the shelf never to be used by either a fan or collector.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results