T11 Members :: Scenario #1

Aug 13, 2009
A lot of the bases have been covered so far, but one of the first thing's that came to my mind that I didn't see mentioned was ask to seem some change pick out a quarter (or whatever they have) and just do a simple toss change (with the 1's in your pocket). It's worked for me in the past :)

this is obviously completely hypothetical.
He is doing this to spark brain cells in people and make them think outside their own head(and for most,hands)

Doh.....
Sorry my lack of attention to the first post. Terribly terribly sorry for this!

The most likely scenario would be what D ICE R said or a One ahead type of effect.(using a napkin or something in that nature) Also morphing my pinky finger has become a very reliable thing...

Mikk.

Nov 8, 2007
So you are in a restaurant with your friends...

I can think of a lot of effects that fit the scenario and the props available , but what I would actually perform would be:

-Napkin Vanish (Karrel Fox)
-Mr. Clean Coins Across (Jay Sankey)
-Two Finger Touch (Not sure whose it is but basically you cause someone to touch their two pointer fingers together "against their will.")
-One Coin Routine

Also:
-If someone has a ring I'd do Ring Thing (Garret Thomas).
-If someone has a watch I'd do PK Time (Banachek) or Coin Under Watch.
-If someone has a business card (or I can use my own) I'd do Stigmata (WH).
-If the atmosphere was right Control (WH).

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 16, 2010
So you are in a restaurant with your friends. You had no idea you were going to do magic today. You don't have any cards with you, no thumb tips, no loops, nothing. You have 1's in your pocket to pay for the meal. You sit down and you get your drink. Your friends ask you to perform magic, you want to be the magician so you have to do something.

What would you do?

Rules:

You can borrow objects

Nobody has a deck

What your friends have on them:

A pen
Loose change

Also keep in mind:

The items at your table. Salt/pepper shaker, sugar packets, the menus, your drinks with straws in them, napkins.

Ready, set, go.

jay sankeys real work on resturants and bars has alot of good material for use in a situation like this.

here is the list of things i would think abuot performing:

- ivanish
- control
- coin into sugarpacket (Shane Blacks is fantastic)
- SPIN by sconce. its friggen amazing with the pen and salt shaker
- again, stigmata with a buisness card or something along those lines
- some pen manipulation just for fun
- freak i think the trick is called off f dan and dave bucks site. its grewat.
- you could do some pro coin magic
- bill switches
- bill rips

anything along those lines. all amazing effects.

jay sankeys real work on resturants and bars has alot of good material for use in a situation like this.

here is the list of things i would think abuot performing:

- ivanish
- control
- coin into sugarpacket (Shane Blacks is fantastic)
- SPIN by sconce. its friggen amazing with the pen and salt shaker
- again, stigmata with a buisness card or something along those lines
- some pen manipulation just for fun
- freak i think the trick is called off f dan and dave bucks site. its grewat.
- you could do some pro coin magic
- bill switches
- bill rips

anything along those lines. all amazing effects.

a lot of the tricks that i would do have already been mentioned. im not sure if i saw Ghostbills by Andrew Mayne mentioned, but that is one that i always perform when all i have on me is bills.

I have a question for the person above me who mentioned Control. Don't you think that a restaurant wouldn't be the best place to perform it? Control is all about the build-up and presentation, I would find it VERY difficult to do all of that in a "hey show us some magic" type of situation. But hey, if you can pull it off, more power to you my friend.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results