Saturday Night Contest - Roundtable with Jason England

Jan 10, 2009
University Park PA
1)Have you ever doing a second or bottom deal in place of a double lift, and if so, how well did it work?
2) Which of the false deals you perform do you think is the most useful and has the smallest chance of getting caught?

May 24, 2008
1) What is your intention of explaining these gambling-related moves on Theory11? Are you concerned that you may be turning out a new generation of card hustlers?

2) How close are these moves you're explaining being used by active card hustlers? Is there a level of sophistication in these moves that you're leaving out?

3) How important is real-life experience in perfecting these gambling techniques available at Theory11? In today's game, what would be the repercussions of being caught trying to use these moves?

So, I was lazy and decided not to look through all 7 pages to see if these have been asked already, sorry if they have been.

1. How long has it taken you to learn/master all the sleights/tricks/etc. that you have in your arsenal?

2. How much has your collection of books (magic and gambling) and other items cost you? Roughly.

3. How often do you practice in a day/week?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
So, I was lazy and decided not to look through all 5 pages to see if these have been asked already, sorry if they have been.

1. How long has it taken you to learn/master all the sleights/tricks/etc. that you have in your arsenal?

2. How much has your collection of books (magic and gambling) and other items cost you? Roughly.

3. How often do you practice in a day/week?

also too lazy to read the contest... it ended at 10.

Dec 30, 2008
1) Have you gotten caught with these moves?

2) What are your favorite cards to use?

3) Do you have a water-proof table with felt and deck that you use while you shower?

Sorry if these are repeats.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Great questions tonight by everyone. The result is a 30 minute podcast, all recorded while Jason was en route to the airport to pick up Darwin Ortiz. We got to as many questions we could, and I think the entire podcast is jam packed with information and insight. See below link to a direct MP3 of the recording, and be sure to let us know what you think. Tonight's prize goes to Spade444.

http://cdn.theory11.com/t11-JasonEngland_02202010.mp3

Jan 13, 2008
Great questions tonight by everyone. The result is a 30 minute podcast, all recorded while Jason was en route to the airport to pick up Darwin Ortiz. We got to as many questions we could, and I think the entire podcast is jam packed with information and insight. See below link to a direct MP3 of the recording, and be sure to let us know what you think.

http://cdn.theory11.com/t11-JasonEngland_02202010.mp3
Wow, such a long podcast! I can't wait to hear it. =)

*listening to it now*

Jan 13, 2008
:rolleyes:

Although it's not the most important part of this SNC, the winner is usually announced within the podcast.

However, with that said, don't skip past everything else just to hear who the winner is--there is so much information within the podcast, that it'd be a shame to skip past any of it.

Jan 13, 2008
Yessir - tonight's prize goes to Spade444. Great questions all around - and thanks to everyone to chiming in with their questions.
You have no idea how many people are not even going to listen to the podcast now. :(

Actually, I remember you mentioning before that you wouldn't be offering prizes (or shouldn't offer prizes) for these discussions anymore (or some of the discussions), because people don't seem to appreciate them for what they are--an incredible opportunity to pick the minds of some of the greatest magic/mentalist/cardist/etc minds in the business. I was totally on board with that (or would be on board with that). =/

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results