Selling magic to pay for school.

Jun 14, 2010
Hey Guys,

I know this may not be aloud since in the forum rules it states "We’d prefer that you keep all trading and selling of personal items to other venues", but I come to you guys to a time of turmoil.
I'm in desperate need of money to pay for school and rent and i'm currently selling off pretty much anything I have, so I hope you guys can make an exception and allow my thread to stay.

Please pm if you are interested and I will send you a list of the items I'm offering. I hope to not anger mods or one else for that matter with my thread. Thank you in advance.

Dec 14, 2007
I helped a young magician go through this exact situation. She needed money for school. So, I helped her learn/mold a kid's program. We got on the phone and within a few hours we had booked 5 shows at various daycares. Admittedly, she was not charging a lot - I think $125. But that's over $700 for what was essentially two hours of work. (Doing the shows is the easy part.)

Day cares and day camps are always looking for people to fill time in their day.

Just another option available to you.

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
I helped a young magician go through this exact situation. She needed money for school. So, I helped her learn/mold a kid's program. We got on the phone and within a few hours we had booked 5 shows at various daycares. Admittedly, she was not charging a lot - I think $125. But that's over $700 for what was essentially two hours of work. (Doing the shows is the easy part.)

Day cares and day camps are always looking for people to fill time in their day.

Just another option available to you.

wow thats a fantastic idea!

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
As this thread does violate our forum rules, I went ahead and edited your original post. That said, I like the direction Brad took it. Let's steer toward the topic of alternatives to selling ALL of your magic to pay for schooling.

Any other ideas in regards to streams of income related to magic? Feel free to discuss!

May 10, 2010
There is, of course, the obvious option of doing gigs.

Being a student, he might of course not have the time. But the idea is brilliant nonetheless. If you're a magic lover, go ahead and perform, best if an income comes out of it. If gigs aren't your thing then I'd suggest getting perhaps a part-time job somewhere around town? Examples of these jobs include working as a waitor at a restaurant or club, or perhaps a tutor for those younger than you are. Some might not earn you much but it may help a bit.

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Being a student, he might of course not have the time. But the idea is brilliant nonetheless. If you're a magic lover, go ahead and perform, best if an income comes out of it. If gigs aren't your thing then I'd suggest getting perhaps a part-time job somewhere around town? Examples of these jobs include working as a waitor at a restaurant or club, or perhaps a tutor for those younger than you are. Some might not earn you much but it may help a bit.

Ah, that's true, I hadn't taken that into account. Still, you can always make sure your friends know you're generally happy to perform at events and whathaveyou, and you may get the occasional gig, which probably wouldn't be too much of a time commitment. Every little helps.

Jun 14, 2010
If anyone wants I still have a set of first edition Smoke & Mirrors and many other items for sale. PM for details.

Jun 20, 2009
near paris
Hey Guys,

I know this may not be aloud since in the forum rules it states "We’d prefer that you keep all trading and selling of personal items to other venues", but I come to you guys to a time of turmoil.
I'm in desperate need of money to pay for school and rent and i'm currently selling off pretty much anything I have, so I hope you guys can make an exception and allow my thread to stay.

Please pm if you are interested and I will send you a list of the items I'm offering. I hope to not anger mods or one else for that matter with my thread. Thank you in advance.
hi, do you have a paypal account ?

Jun 14, 2010
I have quite a few things for sale, but I cannot PM you, you have the feature disabled.
Why don't you PM me your email address and I'll send you a list or something?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results