Smoke

Dec 13, 2007
North Hollywood
Ok, Smoke to me looks sick, This Is my kind of magic.
But there are a few questions i wanted to ask
1. can you use the gimmick to produce smoke for a extra effect say when preforming something from Daniel Madisons Burn? or does the gimmick only allow you to perform the effect shown ont he video?

2. the second question was, in the preview Dan White uses a lighter when preforming the effect. But in the description it says you use a match. can you choose weather to use a match or a lighter?

Thank you in advance,

PS to T11, Great job on the new releases and website, I love it.

Apr 20, 2010
Ok, Smoke to me looks sick, This Is my kind of magic.
But there are a few questions i wanted to ask
1. can you use the gimmick to produce smoke for a extra effect say when preforming something from Daniel Madisons Burn? or does the gimmick only allow you to perform the effect shown ont he video?

2. the second question was, in the preview Dan White uses a lighter when preforming the effect. But in the description it says you use a match. can you choose weather to use a match or a lighter?

Thank you in advance,

PS to T11, Great job on the new releases and website, I love it.

As far as I can tell, smoke is a standalone affect. You don't need a flame at all, but including it makes it feel more like a trick.

Burn or Warning should be tons easier with this now.

Correct me if I am wrong.

danwhite

theory11 artist
Sep 1, 2007
Hey, so Smoke can be used with many different routines. The trick and the gimmick should definitely be viewed as a utility device. I give you a bunch of different ideas, however the people that will get the greatest benefit from this are those that will use it to make the material they already perform, better.

May 9, 2008
Hey, so Smoke can be used with many different routines. The trick and the gimmick should definitely be viewed as a utility device. I give you a bunch of different ideas, however the people that will get the greatest benefit from this are those that will use it to make the material they already perform, better.

Thanks for the clarification Dan! I thought that it was meant to be used as a utility device, and I'm glad I was right. Imagine how much cooler you can make a simple color change like the erdnase change, with the inclusion of smoke. Imagine how much cooler you can make a vanish or a production look with the inclusion of smoke. I'm just so excited for this product. The possibilities are endless.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Can you talk with the gimmick in your mouth?

No, you can't talk after the gimmick leaves your mouth. But do NOT let that shy you away. You have everything justified before the gimmick is brought to the mouth. There is no questioning for why you didn't speak in that short amount of time.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
Does it smell? In other words, could it be done indoors without bothering people? Or is it best left to open well ventilated environments?

And I imagine talking with smoke in your mouth might not work so well. ;)

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Hm. At first I was totally uninterested in this. But as I watched the trailer I realized that this might actually be exactly the thing I need for my chop cup routine. Depending on it's functionality.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Justin, there is absolutely no smell. The vapor (that looks like smoke) is made of the same organic compounds used to make water based fog at concerts.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Yes! You would be surprised at all of the applications you can conjure up with this. At best, this is a utility prop - so it has endless utility in a wide range of routines. Over the past few weeks I have shared the concept with Cyril, Steve Cohen, Luis de Matos, and many other artists. Each has had their own ideas on ways to incorporate SMOKE into their routines. To each his own - the sky is the limit here. That shot of the Sentinel card coming out of Dan White's mouth in the end of the preview video was shown to demonstrate that even an effect as simple and timeless as Card to Mouth could be spiced up with a little smoke!

Dec 13, 2007
North Hollywood
ok just two more things I wanted to ask.
Will You be able to replace the gimmick if you loose it or it breaks? could you replace it yourself or would you have to buy it from T11?
is the gimmick bulky or have any clothing restrictions? is this something you can have on you all day without being unconfortable?

Sorry for so many questions. Its Just after buying the ultrasmoke 2000 I realised that I could not use it a lot living in Los angeles, given the common temperature outside. and it was unconfortable to waer (in my opinion)

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
ok just two more things I wanted to ask.
Will You be able to replace the gimmick if you loose it or it breaks? could you replace it yourself or would you have to buy it from T11?
is the gimmick bulky or have any clothing restrictions? is this something you can have on you all day without being unconfortable?

Sorry for so many questions. Its Just after buying the ultrasmoke 2000 I realised that I could not use it a lot living in Los angeles, given the common temperature outside. and it was unconfortable to waer (in my opinion)

There really is no clothing restriction at all. You'll have to buy refills from theory11 also. The US2000 is very dangerous (the smoke) and is very corrosive. So the US2000 isn't something I would recommend using at all. The Smoke gimmick is something you can use in every season and is disguised VERY well (from what I've heard). Hope that solves some of your questions.

-Casey

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
I have one more question.

Is this product only on sale until it runs out?

Or will you make perpetually until 2097?

Because I really want to buy it but can't until possibly like 1 month and a half.

I really hope it is not a limited run.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 8, 2007
The main effect described (A match is ignited and pressed to a small black dot - a portal - is drawn on the palm of your hand. With your other hand, you slowly trace the path of ignition up your arm, across your chest, and finally to your mouth. You open your mouth - and a cloud of smoke emerges.) sounds like the same thing can be accomplished using Garcia's Warning, so I'm guessing there are some advantages to Smoke. I'm curious to learn more about the practicality of this, and how its capabilities differ from Warning. I'm sure it's a new method completely different from Warning, I'm just wondering what the pros and cons of each are weighed against one another. Look forward to learning more about Smoke!

KevinReylek

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
NY
www.newyorkmagicproject.com
The main effect described (A match is ignited and pressed to a small black dot - a portal - is drawn on the palm of your hand. With your other hand, you slowly trace the path of ignition up your arm, across your chest, and finally to your mouth. You open your mouth - and a cloud of smoke emerges.) sounds like the same thing can be accomplished using Garcia's Warning, so I'm guessing there are some advantages to Smoke. I'm curious to learn more about the practicality of this, and how its capabilities differ from Warning. I'm sure it's a new method completely different from Warning, I'm just wondering what the pros and cons of each are weighed against one another. Look forward to learning more about Smoke!

The smoke coming from the mouth is where the similarities with Warning end. This is easier to do, less painful, and has much less of a learning curve than Warning. It's extremely practical. I've carried this with me every day since I got it a few months back. You can pretty much carry it all the time, and you're ready to perform at a moment's notice. There is also no need to create a flame with Smoke (unless you want to)

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
My mind is running crazy with applications for Smoke right now.
1.) You could make the selected card turn into the cigarette you are supposedly smoking while blowing the smoke out. Derren Brown has an effect like this I think.
2.) Linking Mints in your mouth....hmmm....if you just create heat in your mouth....blow out smoke and spit the linked mints out onto your hand.
3.) You could use it with Kostya's Warning
4.) Adam Grace's Frozen

Sean.Cinco

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Orlando, FL
www.seancinco.com
My mind is running crazy with applications for Smoke right now.
1.) You could make the selected card turn into the cigarette you are supposedly smoking while blowing the smoke out. Derren Brown has an effect like this I think.
2.) Linking Mints in your mouth....hmmm....if you just create heat in your mouth....blow out smoke and spit the linked mints out onto your hand.
3.) You could use it with Kostya's Warning
4.) Adam Grace's Frozen

LOVE those ideas Rick! Especially with Frozen since it's not 100% reliable and this will help the setup be a little bit easier.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Yes, Rick - Derren's effect is called Smoke, and is excellent. One of my first thoughts was go use this as a way of getting around the fact that it uses cigarettes - I don't smoke - but I think it would be a gross injustice of what it could do.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results