Best Non-Gimmicked No Set-Up Card Tricks

Sep 6, 2010
I know a ton of great tricks that fall under this category, such as Portal By Dan and Dave Buck, Ishkabible Sandwich by Eric Jones, ACAAN, ACR, Card to Wallet or Pocket, Multiple Card Selection Routines, ect....

I want to know a few more tricks that fall under this category. Any suggestions?

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
Seeing as this is the type i mostly do here' a list of my favorites.

Biddle Trick
Devastation by Geoff Williams
Triumph, some of my favorites are Sybil Triumph and Sloppy Shuffle
J.B.O by chris kenner
Tuning Fork by Paul Harris

also look into F.A.S.D.I.U

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
stigmata all the way

good story, in college now, was in the student lounge, started talking to some people, 2 left, then was just me and this complete stranger, some girl named mariah, we exchanged first names, and went on with our days

well the next day (today) i figured i would try to use stuff to my advantage, so i facebook stalked her, found her last name

so i see her in the lounge again, with a few friends, and i bring the topic towards me wanting a drink but not having any money for it
which i knew would shift to "i cant pay for you for free" or id have to do something for her to pay for me (this was all set up so i can use this on her)

so i said, ok, if i blow your mind, you buy me a drink
patter shifted towards me finding her last name, by her squeezing my arm

Lets just say anything I want, she'll give it to me.

So morale of the story is, **** with their heads, it always works.

Nov 8, 2007
Learn Kostya Kimlat's Roadrunner Cull and you won't need to worry so much about set-up anymore.

As far as FASIU effects go, I'll throw out another recommendation for Paul Cummins' FASIU and FASIU II notes. Lots of good stuff in there.

As far specific effects go, these are some of my personal favorites (that aren't Ambitious Card):

Think of a Card (Garrett Thomas's Look a Card is probably the best out there)
Homing Card (Francis Carlyle)
Bad Influence (Daniel Madison)
Card to Mouth
Out of This World (Green Angle Separation + Last move in PH's Galaxy)
Card in Hand (Annemann)
Cards Across (classic handling or Paul Harris's Las Vegas Leaper)
Invisible Palm (Paul Harris, Larry Jenninngs, etc.)
Timeline 2.0 (Daniel Garcia)
Triumph (Jay Sankey's Back in Time is a good stand-up version)
The Odds are With Me (by Paul Green--simple but really awesome for laymen)
Whack Your Pack (Paul Harris)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 6, 2010
Yah I am currently working on the Roadrunner Cull. I met Kostya and got him to sign the DVD for me! :D

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
HL's CUCM was a test - to see if you would take the initiative and do a little bit of research, or, like 95% of would-be magicians, simply want all their material spoon fed to them so they can show off their tricks.

It's unfortunate that Casey explained the source. Using what I gave you, it should take you less than a minute to physically find a source explaining what that was. Maybe a few minutes to work out how you would go about doing that.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
HL's CUCM was a test - to see if you would take the initiative and do a little bit of research, or, like 95% of would-be magicians, simply want all their material spoon fed to them so they can show off their tricks.

It's unfortunate that Casey explained the source. Using what I gave you, it should take you less than a minute to physically find a source explaining what that was. Maybe a few minutes to work out how you would go about doing that.

Edited my post.

What is that book?

Oh good lord.... that comment made me die a little inside

Hey guys, remember the old days where you had to sit down and go through books and stuff to find the tricks YOU thought were good? Aren't you glad that nowadays you can just find out what everyone else doing, copy them and then walk around talking about being an 'artist'

I'm really getting fed up of these threads asking what are the best tricks etc, just get off you @rse and do some damn research! We have this wonderful thing called Google which will search for anything you like! It's brilliant, i've tried it! Go on have a go!

It's a sad state of affairs that using a search engine is clearly too much effort for some people.

Ok, rant over. And Yes, get the HL book mentioned above. It's a classic, you should have it way before you start wasting your money on the D&D stuff.

Rev

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results