Table Techniques - DVD vs Book

Oct 15, 2008
Tennessee
I want to start some table work, so of course im going to start studying erdnase.
But my question is about learning gambling type moves from book vs dvd.
I know learning from books is important, and i have several i am about to start reading.
I was wondering the benefits of learning these gambling type moves from books instead of dvds.
I have no problem learning from books, im not complaining or saying i don't want to read.

How did you guys start?

Any suggestions on what to read or watch for this kinda of stuff?

May 2, 2010
New York, New York
I want to start some table work, so of course im going to start studying erdnase.
But my question is about learning gambling type moves from book vs dvd.
I know learning from books is important, and i have several i am about to start reading.
I was wondering the benefits of learning these gambling type moves from books instead of dvds.
I have no problem learning from books, im not complaining or saying i don't want to read.

How did you guys start?

Any suggestions on what to read or watch for this kinda of stuff?

The first book I bought was CardShark by Darwin Ortiz but I started my studies with Erdnase and Card College vol 1 moving on to Expert Card Technique and Marlos RCT.

For tabled Card work and gambling sleights/routines there are many good reads so I will give authors:

Darwin Ortiz
Ed Marlo
Dai Vernon
Andrew Wimhurst
James Swain
Martin Nash
Gene Maze
Fred Robbinson
Richard Turner and a whole bunch more....

Erdnase is the way to go, so study that for a long time. Then get Revelation by Vernon, as it is an annotated Erdnase and has gems like the center deal and the ping pong shift.

Then, from there I would transition into the newer DVDs because they are more comprehensive.

Steve Forte's Gambling Protection Series has just about everything you could learn from the afformentioned books, and more.

After that (which isnt likely as that DVD and Erdnase will take a lifetime), but anyway, after that you should look into more specific books like:

Simon Lovell's book "second to none (all about second deals)
karl Fulves' "Riffle Shuffle Technique"- 4(?) volume set on everything stacking
"The art of handmucking"- THE book if you want to muck.

Oct 15, 2008
Tennessee
Erdnase is the way to go, so study that for a long time. Then get Revelation by Vernon, as it is an annotated Erdnase and has gems like the center deal and the ping pong shift.

Then, from there I would transition into the newer DVDs because they are more comprehensive.

Steve Forte's Gambling Protection Series has just about everything you could learn from the afformentioned books, and more.

After that (which isnt likely as that DVD and Erdnase will take a lifetime), but anyway, after that you should look into more specific books like:

Simon Lovell's book "second to none (all about second deals)
karl Fulves' "Riffle Shuffle Technique"- 4(?) volume set on everything stacking
"The art of handmucking"- THE book if you want to muck.

That helps alot.
Is the dover edition on erdnase the same as the other?

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Do you want to get into all sorts of table work, or mainly just gambling demonstration stuff? For gambling demonstrations, you have already received great advice.

For more general table work and table card plots, the list is endless. For me personally, I love the stuff that comes out of Latin America, by far the best modern day table card magic.

Make sure you already have the more basic/ fundamental table card plots down like, cards across, reset, ace assemblies, open travelers, etc...

^ agreed. Or just pick up the Bible Edition at Dan and Dave, I've heard great things about it.

Also, Chris "orbit" brown has his "MyErdnase" which includes blank pages where you can take your own notes.

Oct 15, 2008
Tennessee
^ agreed. Or just pick up the Bible Edition at Dan and Dave, I've heard great things about it.

Also, Chris "orbit" brown has his "MyErdnase" which includes blank pages where you can take your own notes.

I might get the bible edition, i feel like it might be difficult to read since it's so small.
Where can i find chris brown's version?

May 2, 2010
New York, New York
I might get the bible edition, i feel like it might be difficult to read since it's so small.
Where can i find chris brown's version?

I have the bible edition. Its not at all difficult to read at all.

I have seen some copies on Ebay just recently. I believe H&R books has it listed on their site but may be out of stock.

Your best bet is ebay

Oct 15, 2008
Tennessee
I have the bible edition. Its not at all difficult to read at all.

I have seen some copies on Ebay just recently. I believe H&R books has it listed on their site but may be out of stock.

Your best bet is ebay

Awesome, The bible edition is on d&d. I think im goin with the powner edition from h&r

May 2, 2010
New York, New York
Cool. you can find them on ebay. Actually if you are ever planning to get the bible erdnase wait a month or 2. they are releasing the a new version of erdnase bible ed. where its water proof, tear proof etc. a plus for anyone who beat up books

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results