Getting A Tattoo

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
In less than a month, I will be turning 18 and I have been thinking about getting a tattoo. There are quite a few really huge things in my life - GOD, my family, my girlfriend, and magic. I am HIGHLY opposed to getting anyone's name on me.

With that said, I want to get a tattoo that contains something of christian meaning (probably a cross) combined with something of magical meaning. I REALLY LOVE the Guardians spade but I somehow want a cross, and something magic related combined in a tattoo on my chest (no stupid "reveal" tattoo either - I don't like that)

Anyhow, can you guys help me with some idea's?

Thanks,
Rob

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
I'll definitely post pics if I do get it done! I was thinking that since the Spade looks like angel wings, I could do a cross with wings, but the wings are shaped, and look like the Guardians ace of spade. Have it done to where only me, my girlfriend, and close family, along with any magician who is familiar with the Guardians will be able to tell it is a Guardian ace of spades as the wings. To any normal lay person, it would just look like a cross with wings.

I hope that makes sense

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
In less than a month, I will be turning 18 and I have been thinking about getting a tattoo. There are quite a few really huge things in my life - GOD, my family, my girlfriend, and magic. I am HIGHLY opposed to getting anyone's name on me.

With that said, I want to get a tattoo that contains something of christian meaning (probably a cross) combined with something of magical meaning. I REALLY LOVE the Guardians spade but I somehow want a cross, and something magic related combined in a tattoo on my chest (no stupid "reveal" tattoo either - I don't like that)

Anyhow, can you guys help me with some idea's?

Thanks,
Rob

I do have a great suggestion....

don´t do it...it doesn´t matter if it´s something magic, religion or love related...it´s not worth it...I know you think it would look cool..I guess you don´t have any idea of why you are getting a tattoo....because if you were sure....you wouldn´t be asking here what to get...

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
I do have a great suggestion....

don´t do it...it doesn´t matter if it´s something magic, religion or love related...it´s not worth it...I know you think it would look cool..I guess you don´t have any idea of why you are getting a tattoo....because if you were sure....you wouldn´t be asking here what to get...

I agree...
look forward 50 years when your chest will have a faded spade with a cross in the middle on saggy skin drooping around... hot stuff.

Apr 26, 2009
Sydney, Straya
Bro just take ur ideas to an artist (not ur local bikey joint) and see what they come up with and what works with that section of skin. Do your research on the artist, and see what style u prefer...

Im 12 hours into my full sleeve and it's not a regret, this isnt my first tattoo, it's addictive, but we love it!

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
I'm going to a place called 713. I won't need to do a TON of research on them because my best friend got his tat from them. He got a Cross that says Faith on it and man it looks sick. It covers a lot of his back

I have ink. I absolutely think this thread is a horrible idea. A tattoo is a very personal thing. It's like religion or political stance. It's not just something you want to openly discuss with just anyone. When you get a tattoo, you're getting something that will last you the rest of your life. You need to think long, and meditate hard on what it is you want, because ultimately it should have some special meaning for you. Anything you bleed for should have a very special meaning. It doesn't matter if it's a widely understood meaning, just so long as it means something to you. What ever you do, don't listen to what anyone has to say on this subject. Think about it yourself, trust your gut, and go with what you feel is right for you. It's your body, it's your ink, and it should be your idea.

With love and honor,
Draven

I strongly agree with draven, a tattoo is something that should have meaning to you and you shouldn't really get a tattoo unless you are completely sure of what you want. This may be a little extreme but I waited 4 years until I got my first tattoo. I started with the initial idea and tweaked and edited it until I got what I wanted. I also have a magic related tatoo, Its pretty similar to what you described (the idea of it anyways) I have a spade I designed that has a cross that is part of the spade (pretty basic nothing over the top but I designed the spade myself, ill post a pic later) which I have tattooed on my hand in the spot between my thumb and index finger, it actually is a pretty good misdirection piece because many people look more at the tattoo instead of trying to catch my methods. Again, this example might be too extreme for some but the best tattoo related advice I was given is think of what you want and wait. If after a year passes and you still want that exact tattoo, then its definitely something worth getting thatyou won't regret.

May 2, 2010
New York, New York
I have ink. I absolutely think this thread is a horrible idea. A tattoo is a very personal thing. It's like religion or political stance. It's not just something you want to openly discuss with just anyone. When you get a tattoo, you're getting something that will last you the rest of your life. You need to think long, and meditate hard on what it is you want, because ultimately it should have some special meaning for you. Anything you bleed for should have a very special meaning. It doesn't matter if it's a widely understood meaning, just so long as it means something to you. What ever you do, don't listen to what anyone has to say on this subject. Think about it yourself, trust your gut, and go with what you feel is right for you. It's your body, it's your ink, and it should be your idea.

With love and honor,
Draven

Draven said what I was going to say. Tattoos are not somthing to be not taken seriously. I have 9 Tattoos myself in places where you cant see it unless I show you. I got my first one when I was 17. People ask me why get tattoos if your not going to show them off. I didnt get them to show of and impress the world, I got them for myself which is a hard concept for some to understand.

I love my tattoos because I thought long and hard about the things I wanted on my skin.

Kind Regards,

Mike

Jan 5, 2010
Alabama
I have 3 tattoos, and I spent a very long time deciding what I would put on my body. Each one has a chapter of my life written on my body, it shows my experiences and my character.

I literally spent a year on each one, making sure I wanted it and questioning why I wanted it. Don't be someone who just gets ink to get it.

Let it be an extension of you.

Also placement is something that you'll want to consider as well. Sometimes where a tattoo is on the body is JUST as symbolic to the person as what the tattoo is. Just saying, If you want to get ink done, and there's nothing wrong with that! Then it's something that should be well thought out and considered well in advance. From what it is to where it is.

Sep 9, 2010
Well, i wanted to give you my idea anyway...

A black cross with a white tip on the top and bottom, I'm a christian too, so I would want to put God primary on the tattoo and magic secondary, if i were to get one. (which will not be happening, lol)

Sep 9, 2010

With love and honor,
Draven
Sorry for the double post, I just wanted to say I completely agree with that post, I just wanted to give you my idea because i thought it was clever... haha, anyways though, I think if you are going to get a tattoo, it should be person, like what Draven said.

Nov 9, 2010
Just make sure you don't rush into anything. Find a design you really, truly want to have on your body and decide where. Then you put the sketch away for some months (I'd recommend a year) and take it out now and then and just look at it. If you still find it to be the right design you can go ahead.

I have a design somewhat ready but I'm still not 100% sure about if it is exactly the way I want it, so I'm waiting until I know for sure. I first created the sketch five years ago. Just want to be sure I do not put any ink on my body that I might regret later on.

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
I for sure know I want some kind of tribal cross. I may design one, get it the way I REALLY like and just get the cross. Maybe a year or so later, if magic is still huge in my life (I'm sure it will be) then I will add maybe some kind of magic symbolism into it

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results