New Year Resolutions

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia

6. Walk with a straight back. (I have kyphosis, which is basically a curvature of the spine so I guess I need to work on straightening that out)
7. Play more football (I believe Americans refer to it as 'Soccer')

- Jenai

Unfotunately, these too should not go together. Kyphosis is the curvature of the spine in the upper back, and when playing soccer, people do tend to round their back and curve their spine, especially while looking down at the ball. First thing I would suggest is to hit the gym and build a lot of muscle around your scapulas and also the rhomboid muscles and trapezius muscles. Those are all the muscles that will pull the shoulders back, and also build lower back muscles and abdominal muscles because those are the ones that will keep your "core" strong and stable, and keep you upright.
If you want to do some kind of sport, I would highly recommend swimming and basketball.

I also support people who are doing P90X, it's a great program, specially for weight loss. You will not be able to gain 50 pounds of muscles with P90X, but it will get you in good shape. I did the whole program, and now I'm only doing plyo as a replacment for my cardio.

If anybody has any questions, please PM me.

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS
-Learn as much Spoken Japanese as practically possible (I'll start on the written language some other time)
-Learn as much French as practically possible
-Expand my English vocabulary
-Learn Mnemonics from 1-50
-Get at least 6 hours of exercise a week
-Get at least 12 hours of piano practice a week
-Get at least 8 hours of sleep a night <-- that's the important one

atinfinity

Elite Member
Dec 5, 2010
- Gain more confidence whilst performing
- Earn at least $2 from performing
- Lose 8kgs
- Reduce gambling
- Get High credit average in uni
- Earn more money

I really hope I can achieve at least three of these....

I'd have to go with

1. Man up and enter a world series of poker event.

2. Get romantically entangled with a female. (Human would be lovely) :)

3. Get into uni

4. Get a nice job

PS. Yes, I understand I shouldn't be playing expensive poker if I don't have a job, but poker is my highest form of income at the moment.

atinfinity

Elite Member
Dec 5, 2010
Haha I recommend getting a stable part time job before playing any poker. My job covers all my losses from my excessive gambling.

Jun 10, 2010
I'd have to go with

1. Man up and enter a world series of poker event.

2. Get romantically entangled with a female. (Human would be lovely) :)

Two of my most favorite things in the world, yet I've never experienced either. What kind of tourneys you play down in Australia?

Dec 29, 2010
Michigan
1.I'm going to try to save up enough money, only using magic, to buy Andthensome by Dan and Dave.(Last year i got 28$)
2.I'm going to make 1 new card trick

Sep 2, 2007
London
Magic/Manipulation:

1. Get online magic magazine (working title: "The Art of Manipulating Objects & Minds") up and running.
2. Get everything from Erdnase to a standard where I'd be happy to demonstrate it to other magicians.
3. Practice cigar box manipulation (quality Xmas present from my girlfriend!) every day and film weekly progress videos.

Business:

1. Produce four music videos and get them on UK TV.
2. Get one documentary commissioned for TV (ideally for the BBC).
3. Record an MCing mixtape and get a couple of small gigs.
4. Produce at least one track that's good enough to get signed.

Just realised I could go on all day with my targets for 2011, so I'll stop there!

Sep 9, 2010
1.Perform for a complete stranger
2.Get Riiiipppped!
3.Make at least 5 dollars with magic.
4.Get hired for a birthday show.
5. get 1,000 views on one of my videos.

Jul 14, 2010
Croatia
1.Find a way to make some pocket money(100$ more a month would be great).
2.Learn pandora (as taught on the trilogy).
3.Get into college (I'm a high school senior).
4.Design some original effects.
5.Get a girlfriend.
6.If i do get a girlfriend, I should change the word "pocket" and number "100" from the first goal to "serious" and "500".

Apr 1, 2009
California
2011.... Big year for me.

Finish up on my big project before my hiatus from magic.
Get through basic training and job school for the Army
Get engaged
Become a better person inside and out.
Enjoy the world a little bit more than I have been.
I want to try to get to a point in my life where if I were to die, I'd be content with it... in a good way.
2011 is a life changing year.

Dec 20, 2009
Massachusetts
Wow... Let's see If I can do this...

1. Do at least 3 paid gigs (got 1 in 2010 Dec...)
2. Lose weight... Can someone tell me what this P90x thing is?
3. Get a girlfriend (hah like that will happen)
4. Finish 8th grade with all As...
5. Start high school with all As... (what can I say but Asian?)
6. Don't get bored of magic...

Number 2 is realllllyyyyy important as in 9th grade, we do swimming for gym... ugh...

Welll yeah guys...

Rupayan

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
2. Lose weight... Can someone tell me what this P90x thing is?
3. Get a girlfriend (hah like that will happen)

P90X is a set of DVD's and books with workouts on them, but serious workouts, not intended for complete beginners. But you can still use it as long as you are using lighter weights and take longer brakes. You can find P90X set for around $100-$120 in any GNC store or sports store or wallmart etc. I highly recommend it. You WILL NEED a gym to do all the tapes, it's not a home video.

And, naturally, if number 2 on your list becomes a reality, so will number 3 ;)

Dec 20, 2009
Massachusetts
P90X is a set of DVD's and books with workouts on them, but serious workouts, not intended for complete beginners. But you can still use it as long as you are using lighter weights and take longer brakes. You can find P90X set for around $100-$120 in any GNC store or sports store or wallmart etc. I highly recommend it. You WILL NEED a gym to do all the tapes, it's not a home video.

It says that you don't need a gym? Just weights, and some other stuff... Buy it in a store? How do you get all the food then?

Actually, you don't need a gym for this. I own this workout program and I have no problems using this in my living room.

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
It says that you don't need a gym? Just weights, and some other stuff... Buy it in a store? How do you get all the food then?

The link that AsherF posted is not for P90X workouts, it's for Insanity workouts, those are two complitely different workouts. For Insanity you don't need a gym, for P90X you do, because you need weights, but not 1 pair of weights, you will need the whole set of weights, like 10 different pairs of weights, and a pull up bar. So if you have enough space, 10 pair of weights (different weights of course) and a pull up bar, than yeah, you can do it in your home.
What food are you talking about?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results