Hypnosis

May 17, 2008
Hey there theory 11 forum,

I have not posted here in a very long time, and if i am posting this in the wrong thread just let me know and i will post somewhere else. I have recently become very interested in Hypnosis and hypnosis with magic type of deal( sort of like what Derren Brown does) but also more of the actual hypnosis itself. If anyone knows any really good sources where i could buy instructional dvd's , books etc. that are really solid, that would be great:D

May 17, 2008
I noticed that he had courses that were live and im in canada so i cant do any of that but i was wondering if the dvds and books are worth getting ?

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
I noticed that he had courses that were live and im in canada so i cant do any of that but i was wondering if the dvds and books are worth getting ?

I am recommending it because of the dvd, I so far havent been able to get people into trance, since my lenguage it's differently and I have to adapt a lot of words, but on the other hand, I have learned a lot of hypnosis and little tricks and suggestions that I can use during performance

Jan 11, 2011
Try Proffesional Opportunist by James Brown (just look on youtube, what this guy does!). But if you want to get into hipnosis, you will need to find some mentor to guide you. I wouldn't try to learn this on my own.

Oct 13, 2008
The Manchurian Approach or Reality Is Plastic is all you need apart from the confidence to go out and do it. Have to say, I can't recall James Brown talking you through any inductions in The Professional Opportunist. He does go through little things like getting someone's hands to stick together, but that's using waking hypnosis which is not the same. It may be what you're looking for if you just want to add some touches to your card magic, however.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Hypnosis should not be a language issue

Actually, it is.

A lot of words have different meanings, and for example using Antony Jaquin induction method, there are certain words that if translated just the way they are, they will not make sense for the spectator (thing that has happened to me), I know that hypnosis is something practiced by a lot of people of my lenguage. My point being, there are some key elements in the induction sequence that witotuh the right words, or gestures, will not work.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
I understand where you are coming from, in the Jacquin induction method he talks about building, more so than the language used. Yes it is important but the most important part is the other factors that people do not seem to understand. Whom learn from Ant (especially from Manchurian Approach) seem too focused on the script rather than the reasoning behind it. That is the reason that Ant included aspects of Reality is Plastic on the DVD's. I highly suggest watching the Pacing and Leading section again and refer to the RIP notes on the same subject.

May 3, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com
nyeah. all you need for hypnosis is to understand the framework for inductions. everything else is pretty much self taught. experience is key.

just out of curiosity, how many hypnotists on here are state/non-state?

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
I'm beginning into hypnotism, I have not performed anything yet but I am still learning things.

Right now I'm going through "The Trilby Connection" by Anthony and then I will go through "The Manchurian Approach" by Anthony.

There is a lot of material to cover :D. The Trilby Connection is great so far!

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
They are both great in their own right.

Trilby is done in Training - 1 on 1 style. He talks to a total beginner and takes her out to test her stuff!

Manchu is more done in an interview style

Here is a quote from Anthony

"(The Manchu) is aimed at magicians - using hypnotic phenomena for magical effect, the other (Trilby) is our non magic approach to street hypnotism"

If you are going to buy one, get Trilby. You'll have an easier time learning, it is expensive. But worth it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results