Which do you prefer?

May 15, 2011
I had my friend take a picture and edit it so I can use as my profile picture for my magic page on facebook. She decided to make 3, which one do you think I should use? (currently, I'm using number 3)

Stephen2.jpgStephen1.jpgStephen3.jpg

The photo itself is not really good, and editing is pretty bad too.

With 5 years of design under my belt i can honestly say those are made by a beginner wanting to be close to someone who is more special than they are. The person probably hasnt had much friends or friends that have made her worth a while so she turns to a bit more famous dudes than most people for attention and to get the feeling that she belongs.

Sorry i'm just trying out my instant psychological profile skills, anyone had the same assumption?
Anyway i do have 5 years of experience and do not put that on your facebook for too long, it leaves an impression that you made it yourself in three minutes using paint. Bad marketing, very bad.

M.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
If you're already using number 3, why are you asking us? Clearly you know which one is the best and which one you like more. And its YOUR Facebook page so do whatever you want.

Personally, I don't like when magicians have "magic-y" profile pictures. You know, like the ones where their profile picture is a deck of cards... and NOTHING ELSE Or when they just have a picture of their hands flourishing. Unless the "magic-y" picture is overwhelmingly awesome, don't put it as your profile pic. People want to see you, not your cards

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 27, 2009
I have to agree with both Mr.MadMan and Aaron.Williams. The pics look very amateur and are poorly done. I would have a professional photographer take the photos for my promo material. If you want something "cool" get someone with design experience to make it "cool." That way you have a "cool" promo that doesn't look amateur.

As far as the "magic-y" photos go, I have one thing to add. If the photo is a good photo of you holding a fan of cards and your entire face is visible as well then go for it, but if people can't see your face then you've probably chosen a bad promo photo. People make a lot of judgements about a person based on that person's face, especially if that's the only thing they have to work with.

Sep 27, 2007
Cenozoic, Oligocene
ㅡㅡ why don't you just "white and black" it. At least the crappy overlays and cheesy effects can be undone ㅡㅡ sort of.

Yeah quite honestly, it's cheesy and looks like something a 12 year can accomplish.

You should tell your friend to take a look at some tutorials.

Initially I set myself to be the anti-thesis to what everyone else was saying. I was determined to find one that I liked, however sadly I can not. In the interest of self promotion, and advertisement you're better off not using any of these. They look very amateur, the photo, angle, quality, pose isn't good.

I'd say try again.

Aug 17, 2010
A professional can't afford to look amateur. The best money I've spent was on a professional photographer, and a designer for business cards.

They make me look totally pro.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results