t11's biggest release - This Week!

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
If you submit a trick to us on our Submit a Trick page, it goes through a rigorous screening process. IF, and ONLY IF we really like it, we may contact you about producing it on our dime.

If you put something on the Wire, all it has to meet are very basic requirements. You do the legwork yourself (creating, filming, editing, marketing, etc.) You have complete control over it. It is your video. It isyour product. Want to take it down? Go for it. How much to charge? Your choice.

The Wire is powered by YOU.

L

Jay Adra

Elite Member
Jul 11, 2011
Australia
www.jayadra.com
I'm finding some bugs. Going to Account Settings and Edit Profile worked initially, but then I couldn't click Update Profile. Then after clicking on those links again, it goes back to Dashboard and not the edit settings pages.

no it isnt now any person who wants to slap something on there can. But my worry is how can t11 POSSIBLY screen all the submissions to make sure that kidz arent trying to resell affects at a cheaper price

That is exactly my concern too. The downside of "The-Wire-is-me-whatever" thing is that every ignorant vietnamese/mexicano 13 year-old kid can now sell effects and moves not originated by him for a ridiculous amount of money. I used to like the idea of giving away methods I thought of, but now I'll think twice before exposing anything.

Dec 20, 2009
Massachusetts
Wait so the wire stuff doesn't go through ANY screening at all? If you find something, you can just charge people tons for some useless move? And does theory11 get a percent of all earnings? if so, how much?

Jay Adra

Elite Member
Jul 11, 2011
Australia
www.jayadra.com
That is exactly my concern too. The downside of "The-Wire-is-me-whatever" thing is that every ignorant vietnamese/mexicano 13 year-old kid can now sell effects and moves not originated by him for a ridiculous amount of money. I used to like the idea of giving away methods I thought of, but now I'll think twice before exposing anything.

I'm sure they'll be able to regulate it well and screen submissions.

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
Wait so the wire stuff doesn't go through ANY screening at all? If you find something, you can just charge people tons for some useless move? And does theory11 get a percent of all earnings? if so, how much?

Did you guys even read the page? They get 40%, and they screen it to see if it is original or not.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Every effect on The Wire is reviewed by our team prior to publication, and those that choose to submit a new effect (for free or at a cost of your choice) must certify that the effect and all content within are original.

Nov 12, 2007
So I have a question. What about gimmicks? I have an original mentalism trick that requires a gimmick that most people just simply do not have the means to create themselves. Is there some way for me to be able to sell the gimmick?

Here's my suggestion, although I have no idea if it is feasible:
T11 should have some kind of warehouse or storage location for peoples gimmicks. The creator can send the gimmicks to t11, once they are inspected and approved, however many gimmicks are in stock will be however many can be sold. If the creator wants to keep selling his trick he will have to keep supplying t11 with gimmicks. All gimmicks will be examined, If the gimmick/gimmicks are faulty, poor quality, or do not achieve the effect described, they should be sent back to the creator and the effect will be taken down until further notice.

Either way, This is awesome. Totally not what I expected. Very nice surprise.

J

Joseph C

Every effect on The Wire is reviewed by our team prior to publication, and those that choose to submit a new effect (for free or at a cost of your choice) must certify that the effect and all content within are original.

So, will the forums now be set so that if anyone types "The Wire" it will automatically link to the page for The Wire?

(Hmmm....let's see if I can just sneak The Wire one in here, see if picks it up. Yep.)

Nov 10, 2007
I must say this is nothing below my expectations, of what they were saying will revolutionize magic. This does do that, it gives magician from all over the world the chance to get there name out there and make some dough. I am very excited about this because its going to keep me creating, video shooting, editing, etc. GREAT JOB THEORY11. You did it.....again.

For some of the questions up top like the gimmick lets try to get to keep it simple for them, I don't believe they are going to want to deal with sending out gimmicks and props.They did a great thing for us now, lets just keep to downloads where gimmicks can be made at home.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results