Saturday Night Contest : What You Think

Davis West

Elite Member
Dec 26, 2013
Do more contests that inspire people to create an original piece of magic. That's what we should be focusing on, creativity.

CTN

Dec 7, 2015
What about, who can combine music the best with a flourish or trick? Must be interesting to see :)

KWESST

Elite Member
Aug 2, 2015
The best contests are the ones that require creating something original, and not just a picture we post so we can be "picked at random". Contests should be competitive, not based on luck!

I think there should be a contest involving performing for strangers or just out and about, as the primary thing for magicians to do isn't sit in their room and practice moves and cardistry, but to share the magic with laymen.

Something like "best/most original presentation of (enter classic trick or type of trick here)" could be a ton of fun!

KWESST

Elite Member
Aug 2, 2015
I'm getting tired of the "Create a Flourish" contests. People win with flourishes that have been done before, and it seems like they pop up once a month. I love cardistry, but it'd be nice to see greater variation.
Sometimes there ones with a specific limitation, such as 1 handed or with a fan, and those are a little better. Otherwise I agree completely.

Reactions: wZEnigma

Furrukh

Elite Member
Jul 24, 2010
Karachi,Pakistan
The t11 decks come with a double backer, i am always short of ideas to use that card... how about a contest which uses a t11 deck and its double backer in some way.... this way we could share ideas with each other but here is a catch the tricks should be quick and short with a time limit of 20 to 30 seconds

Reactions: Theorist19
Apr 18, 2016
USA
I am a very big fan of card magic. That being said, I would very much like to see what everyone is capable of when cards are not allowed. There is nothing wrong with having a specialty, but I believe a magician should be able to work without a deck if the situation calls for it.

Book

Dec 31, 2015
What I would like to see in a Saturday Night Contest is a create an effect challenge where an everyday object is announced as the focus of the effect. That way, we have to create an original effect, but center it around one specific item. I am also a huge fan of video and graphic editing, and dabble in both myself. That said, it would be fun to have a contest involving either video or graphic editing.

Jul 17, 2016
Over the past 40+ weeks we have seen Saturday Night Contests of all types - from fun ones to serious ones, from funny ones to creative ones - from podcasts to mind games.

Give us your feedback and let us know what ideas you may have for theory11 Saturday Night Contests in the weeks, months, and years to come. We'll be listening and watching this thread closely for ideas and inspiration.
Over the past 40+ weeks we have seen Saturday Night Contests of all types - from fun ones to serious ones, from funny ones to creative ones - from podcasts to mind games.

Give us your feedback and let us know what ideas you may have for theory11 Saturday Night Contests in the weeks, months, and years to come. We'll be listening and watching this thread closely for ideas and inspiration.
I think that all of the Theory11 artists should have a cage match to the death, then everybody can make their predictions on who will win; if they're right, they get to treat themselves to a free 1-on-1. :D
who can build the highest tower of cards?
take a picture and send it to theory11
but then people can cheat by gluing the cards together, hah
:p

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results