The perfect place for magic? Routine?

Jul 18, 2008
Hey guys, I think I have the perfect place to perform magic....

Lots of people, everyone relaxed, an abundance of drinks, and not too much to do.

A cruise.

So yeah, I've taken a few years off from magic, but I've decided to get back into it. The last few months I've built up a collection of all the basic effects from here, E, and other magicians.

I plan on filming myself on a cruise in three weeks.

I have a lot of effects (I just can't stand not knowing how stuff is done) but I've been so busy I haven't practiced much.

I don't want a darker video, so I'm going to stay off mentalism and bizarre magic.

So could you guys give me any sample visual routines? I know I should make one up myself, but I'm struggling. With cards, I can do the basics (pass, DL, etc...as well as needed). I'm going for reactions.

What I'm liking
TnR
Stigmata
A few simple card tricks (believe, some stuff on dangerous like Angle Zero, ACR? (although I don't like ACR, it's like admitted your not really doing magic)
Saw (too much?)
5 speed, hellbound spellbound?
Any other suggestions? I'm weak on coin magic, but some really easy visual effects are very nice. Maybe I'll buy the raven or some gaffs.
I'm definetely liking fraud and perhaps one bill change, haven't made up my mind which one.
Loops :)
Some Paul Harris classics (Bizarre twist, etc)
Witness/Indecent (Which one is more powerful? In my opinion they don't go well together. I think Indecent is nice because it's so simple. It just happens you know?
Probably one bottle penetration, but theres a million, so I'm trying to figure out which one to perfect.
Panic (I'm so confused with this effect. I can't figure out it's place. It seems so obvious (I knew what was happening the first time I saw it, but maybe that's just me being a magician.

I definitely think I'm going with effects that can be performed standing up. No gaff decks, I hate them.

Anyway, you guys get the gist, I'm looking for really visual things. I can't even phantom trying to put the above into a routine, so any pointers? Stigmata seems like a nice finisher.

Thanks everyone!

Apr 15, 2008
Try out James Browns stuff (his video "Still a Fancy Pot of Jam"). It's great for table hopping and close-up magic. I'm sure you already have David Stones two videos, but if you don't I recommend you pick them up aswell. Great stuff!

Jul 18, 2008
darosa.justin, these are the kinda of responses I don't understand. Why post something so useless?

I bought panic for the exact handling and gimmick. I always feel weird when I use a slightly different version without knowing the exact method. Also, I bought it because i believe that just because I learn a trick from a preview video (I usually, like most of you, have an "inkling") doesn't mean I won't give the creator what he deserves.

I obviously thought it was a powerful effect, it's just showing the deck is so "rigid". There's just a few minor things that make me want more, but that's just be craving real magic. It is quite powerful tho.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! I'll look into them!
Never heard of James Brown, his video seems impressive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results