Wayne Houchin - Thread

We don't know if his method is original or if it's the one covered in (what's that book with all the dangerous/Geek magic??).

After all, there are only so many ways to make a thread come out of your eye ;)

Sep 1, 2007
I saw Wayne perform it live on stage at Sorcerer's Safari Magic Camp! Great performance Wayne. My friend got the thread after. :)

Sep 1, 2007
Ceres, Ca.
We don't know if his method is original or if it's the one covered in (what's that book with all the dangerous/Geek magic??).

After all, there are only so many ways to make a thread come out of your eye ;)

SWAMI-MANTRA -

I don't remember any "Thread from Eye" effects but there are three or four "Needle from/in Eye" effects. I'll look later, football is on now.

Dave

i believe that both sinful and thread were used in Mind Freak with the permission of WH .. but when Angel wanted to release the Mastermind series he wanted to have both of those effects on dvd's .... Wayne signed off on Sinful but not thread.

waynehouchin

theory11 artist
Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Chico, CA
www.waynehouchin.com
Greetings! Regarding Thread: yes, that is my effect - I created it back in 1998. In 2005, Criss Angel contacted me & asked permission to use Thread on Mindfreak. Criss and I reached an agreement & I ended up working as a consultant for him on season 1.

There are a few geek stunts involving your eye in the book "Swami Mantra," however, the thread through eye is not in that book.

I will release Thread eventually, but I want to hang onto it for a while longer. :)

Greetings! Regarding Thread: yes, that is my effect - I created it back in 1998. In 2005, Criss Angel contacted me & asked permission to use Thread on Mindfreak. Criss and I reached an agreement & I ended up working as a consultant for him on season 1.

There are a few geek stunts involving your eye in the book "Swami Mantra," however, the thread through eye is not in that book.

I will release Thread eventually, but I want to hang onto it for a while longer. :)

cool, thnz.....i cant wait for it to come out, for "Control" and "Suffocate" to come out to.

Sep 2, 2007
Hey everyone. Whats suffocate? And also, there are two needle from threads that I know of. one is dangerous and you can easily screw up your eye. the other isn't dangerous, but not as visual. these are the two methods I know of.

Hey everyone. Whats suffocate? And also, there are two needle from threads that I know of. one is dangerous and you can easily screw up your eye. the other isn't dangerous, but not as visual. these are the two methods I know of.

I hear suffocate (out of Waynes mouth in an interview is where this came from) is a visual bottle implosion.

Oh great, you give it to Criss but you make us wait 2+ years! :)

Oh and by the way, when I first saw Criss Angel do Sinful I thought he did a great job. Then after I saw you do it Criss' performance suddenly looked like someone that had practiced the trick three times. You really are a pro Wayne. While I am praising you I might as well let you know that your performance of invisible Palm (Mondo Nifty Invisible Palm to be exact) is better, in my opinion, then Paul Harris'.

A great product idea would be for you to make a DVD of you doing all, or many, of the tricks in AoA. You would not even have to explain how they are done, we have the books for that. Just seeing your interpitation of them would be a treat. I bet Paul would see a big jump in AoA sales after that DVD was released!

Just to correct a bit of a misunderstandiing about Swami Mantra, whist there are a few 'dangerous' tricks in it (including one involving pulling metal pins from your eyes which I certainly wouldnt try!), these number probably about 5.

The rest of the book, probably a good 98% of the book, is full of some pretty good stuff and would make a good addition to anyones library. As I said it the 5 or so dodgy tricks that earn it its 21 rating.

So go buy it, you wont be dissappointed.

J.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results