Criss Who?

Sep 1, 2007
but he is an insult to magic.

If Criss is an insult to magic, then the community in general is a bunch of spineless wussies. But it's not as if we didn't already know that.

Joking aside, you need to get over yourself. Criss may be a narcissistic prat, but so are most magicians I've met. He's just less subtle about it. And to his credit, he's an accomplished stage magician and would be remembered a lot more favorably if he could just keep his trap shut.

But that's apparently not as appealing an answer as making Criss out to be some sort of anti-Christ of magic. After all, what fun is taking responsibility when you can just project onto a scapegoat?

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
If Criss is an insult to magic, then the community in general is a bunch of spineless wussies. But it's not as if we didn't already know that.

Joking aside, you need to get over yourself. Criss may be a narcissistic prat, but so are most magicians I've met. He's just less subtle about it. And to his credit, he's an accomplished stage magician and would be remembered a lot more favorably if he could just keep his trap shut.

But that's apparently not as appealing an answer as making Criss out to be some sort of anti-Christ of magic. After all, what fun is taking responsibility when you can just project onto a scapegoat?

I completely agree with this and the community in general probably is a bunch of spineless wussies (no offense to you guys). Criss just happens to be the particular spineless wussie we are talking about at this current moment in time.

Sep 1, 2007
Criss just happens to be the particular spineless wussie we are talking about at this current moment in time.

Then how did he get on TV?

For all the snarling and gnashing of teeth, you can't change facts. Do I condone what Criss does on his show? No. But I'm not going to lose sleep over it because I know for a fact that this doesn't have to affect me, and I can't fault Criss for having worked to get where he is. If he were spineless, he would not have approached TV executives dressed like The Crow to pitch a TV special and later a series.

The whining about him being an insult is the exact same as the losers who sit in the quiet corner of a bar or nightclub complaining about the barely literate morons who are getting all the hot women. You could easily date a few of those women yourself if you quit your crying and just went out there and talked to them.

Hatred can inspire you to do some impressive things. I beat the SAT by learning to hate it. But when you fail to turn resentment into motivation and ambition as 99% of Criss's critics do, you only end up bitter and petulant.

To put it another way, most people run away from what they don't want while the successful few run toward what they do want. Most of you on the other hand are standing dead still.

Sep 1, 2007
Fine, Criss happens to be the rather-less-spineless-than-me wussie that we're talking about at this moment in time.

I don't know why I ****ing bother.

I know I'm not going to change anyone's opinion of the man, nor do I care to. That would imply your minds are worth changing. But it would be nice if I could persuade so much as one person to give up this idiotic attempt to put a TV personality on trial and do something slightly more constructive with their time.

Hmm... maybe I should be more specific. Compared to spewing bile against Criss Angel on a message board, even sticking one's junk in a bee hive would seem constructive.

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
But it would be nice if I could persuade so much as one person to give up this idiotic attempt to put a TV personality on trial and do something slightly more constructive with their time..

You did change my mind quite a bit on this particular subject,but I'm tired so I sound like an idiot (and it's amazing what boredom drives people to)...
Can I just clarify something? When I said he was an insult to magic, I didn't mean Criss himself, I meant the amount of camera tricks he uses. But that's ok, he isn't a magician, he's an actor (as I previously said).Also, when I said he was an insult to magic, I didn't mean to be that harsh but I'm really tired and I couldn't think of a better word at the time. Sorry if I sounded like a prick, it's because I am.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Oh I give up. I've tried to give my opinion but you seem to be picking out the negative bits of it. My opinion isn't negative nor positive, but you could at least be a bit less biased.

Jun 23, 2008
Mime freak

i used to love criss angel!!! But i think he's sold out majorly plus the fact he's unfairly lashed out at other big named magicians just to massage his own ego.

luv'n'wiggles
xxxLolaxxxx

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
watched the show last night...and starting right off the bat, i began to grow incresingly angry.

first hes teaching some guy a trick, thats fine, albeit a rather amazingly lame trick

but what really annoyed me, was the "freak" or "mind freak" or "ready to get mind freaked?!?"
every third word

anybody else notice this?

guess its a neat subconscious way of promotion, say your shows name enough times and itll install itself in peoples minds (maybe even freak them...k lame joke)

sounds a lot like what religion/military does

Sep 1, 2007
yet you managed 1100 posts on a forum full of PEOPLE, most who are IGNORANT, mixed with a few CELEBS

explain please.

In the words of Randall Graves, "I love gatherings. Isn't it ironic?"

That's the best answer you're going to get.

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Having an opinion is bias.

I dislike people in general, and celebrities moreso. But I dislike ignorance even more.

Look, I wasn't out to start an argument last night and I'm sorry I did.
And nobody knows everything, therefore everyone is ignorant to some extent. You're probably ignorant to the name of my little sister's pink fluffy horse but you don't hate yourself for it. I'm sorry but saying you hate ignorance is a bit too general.

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
I wasn't even going to post on this thread as there are about 1400 other threads that turned out this same way that I've probably mentioned my opinions on..

At the end of the day as Steerpike mentioned, Criss will have to have worked very hard to get to where he is, from what I've see of his previous stage shows they look awesome.

But then again, as aforementioned of other threads I'm THEE goth, so I'm contractually obliged to enjoy excessive eye make-up and clothing made of leather and metal.

Criss is Criss, he's not going to change, David's David and he's got his persona too, people will always have varying opinions and to be quite honest, it's not worth putting the time and effort in to try and enlighten people on the subject as jealously and ignorance are standard traits of most men!

Let's take the time to focus on something more constructive, to get some of you guys up there with the great performers or creators instead of trying to tear down the people up there who in some way or another will have influenced pretty much every single one of you, and myself.

Even if it's to say; "Man, I'm NEVER doing that" you should still take what you can from their personas and performances and progress yourselves rather than get caught up in the soap opera that is the high tier magic scene!:p

D.

Sep 16, 2007
Kent, WA state
Ever notice the only thing people say positive about criss is 'he's a good actor' and 'he had a great stage show'. The STAGE shows won him magician of the year. AFter he got a special him paying QUALITY magicians got him his other MoTY awards. IMO he should go back to the stage where he belongs. I stopped watching his trash show the moment my neighbor (who knew nothing of magic) started laughing at the downright edit-magic he was doing.

Talk about taking a step back.

And D.M. saying that made me laugh too, i used to say the same thing. Or i'd say "no, i'm not criss angel, i dont use camera edits"

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results