Why do the Bucks hate De'vo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
*sorry if this has been asked before. i tried searching but nothing came up.*

Well i've never been really clear about this. Why does Dan and Dave dislike De'vo? And how come Ellusionist doesn't sell the trilogy anymore? Did they get into an argument or something?

P.S. If i'm being too nosy please feel free to delete this.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
I think I can safely speak on behalf of D&D in saying they don't hate anybody, especially not someone that has made major contributions to this artform like De'vo. Respecting those that respect the art goes a long way in this industry, as it is only via working together and remaining forward-thinking - positive - that we can advance the art.

Nov 30, 2007
I think I can safely speak on behalf of D&D in saying they don't hate anybody, especially not someone that has made major contributions to this artform like De'vo. Respecting those that respect the art goes a long way in this industry, as it is only via working together and remaining forward-thinking - positive - that we can advance the art.

Bayme strikes again! Nice post.

Dec 10, 2007
Texas
That's debatable...

De'vo talks down on "kutkiddies" and the Bucks, which is why they probably don't like him. They're too not public about it though...

Yeah, De'vo does do that.
But notice how the "kut kiddies" can do flipbacks, cobras, xcm stuff, etc perfectly fine, yet they rarely practice them. But the XCM lordZ (That only practice XCM) suck at cuts.
Basically what im saying is..

"Kut Kiddie" - Cuts (well) & (some) XCM
[EDITED] - (just) xcm

We gots da 1 up ^.-

Feel free to remove my post if it's too offensive. sorry. I just had to get it off my mind.... publicly ^^

May 4, 2008
NYC
I didn't even know about this (if it is true)
and even though they have different styles, I saw one of the DnD bros doing the cobra cut, if im not mistaken

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
they should combine forces and become D and D and D, the holy trinity of cardistry, and if they joined forces with DM then... well i dont know i think the universe would just implode into the shape of a D

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
Yeah, De'vo does do that.
But notice how the "kut kiddies" can do flipbacks, cobras, xcm stuff, etc perfectly fine, yet they rarely practice them. But the XCM lordZ (That only practice XCM) suck my left sack at cuts.
Basically what im saying is..

"Kut Kiddie" - Cuts (well) & (some) XCM
"Left Sack Suckers" - (just) xcm

We gots da 1 up ^.-
biotch!

Feel free to remove my post if it's too offensive. sorry. I just had to get it off my mind.... publicly ^^
This is so true eugene :) And I dont think the bucks hate him.. david is the one that is calling kutkiddies to the people that do some two handed cuts on their vids, but yet he put some two handed cuts on his xb2 but whatever, I think that the bucks are very respectful and the other guy isnt so much..

Maybe they dislike him, but they have so much respect that they dont say anything, neither they insult him, or address him publicly :)

Bucks you rock

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
Ok thanks guys, the only reason i thought they hated De'vo was that in their Double Fonds video, when Dave did the Erdnase Cobra (Which is awesome btw), three words poped up on the screen for a split second that said "Eat That De'vo!"

Also, why did they stop selling the Trilogy on E?

Apr 30, 2008
Sweden, Vänersborg
The Bucks and the De'vo's have been in war for centurys. It all startet in 1897 when Jedediah Buck stole a Chicken from Artemis De'vo on a steamboat that took explorers down the amazonas. I hope that this helps.

Oct 16, 2007
De'vo seemed a bit upset I think because the bucks included finger exercises originally developed by Greg Irwin on their "everything else" DVD.

Both parties have taken pot shots at each other, but being the optimist I am I ignore it and passed it off as friendly competition.

I didn't post this to stir the pot or anything, just to remind everyone we're all on the same team here.

sinjin7

Elite Member
Apr 19, 2008
Also, why did they stop selling the Trilogy on E?

I think the issue with D&D and E is that Brad thought he had contract to sell Trilogy exclusively at E only, and then the rascally twins made deals with others to allow them to sell Trilogy as well. Brad blew his top and almost forgot to put on eye liner, but did remember to take Trilogy off of E. The rest is ancient history.

Sep 30, 2008
Pittsburgh
I think the issue with D&D and E is that Brad thought he had contract to sell Trilogy exclusively at E only, and then the rascally twins made deals with others to allow them to sell Trilogy as well. Brad blew his top and almost forgot to put on eye liner, but did remember to take Trilogy off of E. The rest is ancient history.

Yes that's basically the story. Now Ellusionist and their forums portray them as the Antichrist and his brother. I can understand where they're coming from by cutting off marketing with the bucks, but they have the forum locked to the point where if you say anything more than "D&D", you will be shunned. I think that they should still allow other forum members to learn from them since they are a valuable source.

And to jrobarts05,

Thank you,

My mind has been sufficiently blown.

-Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results