How would you...

Nov 29, 2008
HI everybody, i have been working on an effect recently, and i was curious as to how you would handle this situation, because i am looking for different opinions. I show a card go face up into teh deck, but it ends up on the bottom of the pack, face down as it should be. How would you accomplish that. Or, since controlling it to the bottom is easy enough, what is the cleanest/sneakiest way that you turn over a card on the bottom of the deck, without moving the deck to your side or anything like that?

P.S. i have a way devised, i am just looking for different methods.

I'm not sure of what you are askin but if your objective is to flip over the bottom card then you can try what i do. I basically do a turnover pass but instead of using half of the deck i use one card and instead of bringing it to the top just flip the one card so its now upside down. Hope this is what you were talking about.

Sep 2, 2007
London
There are loads of ways to acheive this. Probably I would side-jog, followed by a single-card straddle-pass to perpendicular position and then square the now-reversed card onto the bottom. This is a single action that can be done under cover of apparently squaring the card into the deck.

By the way, tonybaneualos88, the fan control wasn't created by Joel Paschall, it's something that's been around for over a hundred years.

Dec 9, 2008
The ways I would do it are;
  • shift and reversal
  • clipsteal, then basically drop it on bottom, marlo future reverse style, but shifting it as well
  • cardini change style move

there are many to do this sort of thing
tom field

Jan 18, 2009
ego on top of a face down card bringing it to the bottom.cherry control variation from ricky smith.herman shift, pass(spread pass works well),cascade control might work,and wen its on bottom use the asher twist, or turn it over on your leg or shirt(misdirection while speaking)

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Half Pass would work perfectly in conjunction with any control. Alternatively, you could "accidentally" have a face up card already - and perform the Larreverse. (not sure how that would play, never done that, have done the former though) Arthur Buckley has a reverse move also that would work.

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
The "Against the Body" reversal is one of David Regal's favourite moves, and one of mine two. I use it all the time.

Reuben, the Braue Reversal is for the reversal of a card and, in turn, burying it in the center of the deck. I don't think that is what the original poster was looking for. However, a variant would allow those results.

Jul 2, 2008
Glad that was cleared up.

I meant the variation, I know a regular Braue Reversal is a secret reversal of a card for an effect such as a triumph or the ending revelation of an effect.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results