Are Loops worth it?

Jul 7, 2008
ok i wus just wondering
for anybody who has loops
are they worth the money
i was thinking about buying them but im not 100% sure if i should

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Ew, never mind Guerilla, stick with the original (and the best), Mesika's DVDs. When used properly, loops can be brilliant in performing magic. But you do need to get used to them, and you need to know stuff like loop management - and that's where Mesika's Loops ****s on Guerilla Guide, which is just look how many tricks we can come up with. There's more to loops than that, though.

Ew, never mind Guerilla, stick with the original (and the best), Mesika's DVDs. When used properly, loops can be brilliant in performing magic. But you do need to get used to them, and you need to know stuff like loop management - and that's where Mesika's Loops ****s on Guerilla Guide, which is just look how many tricks we can come up with. There's more to loops than that, though.

freaking red neck, Guerilla guide and Mesika DVD are the same. Except GG talk more how to protect the loops more than the Yigal's. Beginner should get GG and as you get better move on the Yigal's.

And it totally worth the money. Get the spool and tie ur own loops don't buy the pre tie one. They are they just wast of money.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
...Ok, but why the red neck? I simply don't understand why you feel the need to chuck in an insult. Is it because you need some sort of attention? Does it make you feel like you're more important? Whatever.

Personally, I still feel you get much more information about Loops on Loops as opposed to GG, rather than being fed tricks.

...Ok, but why the red neck? I simply don't understand why you feel the need to chuck in an insult. Is it because you need some sort of attention? Does it make you feel like you're more important? Whatever.

Personally, I still feel you get much more information about Loops on Loops as opposed to GG, rather than being fed tricks.

Exactly, that's what I needed, just a little attention and little more important. Whatever.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
You "needed little more important"? Interesting.

I still don't get why you felt it was necessary to break into an insult. Why else would you need to resort to such unnecessary language?

Sep 20, 2008
Redneck. Teehee. Intresting. I think that's a blatant Insult. Rather odd- You rarely get veterans of the forum/Art get insulted.

I have not seen Mesika's DVD's but do own all 3 Guerilla DVD's. DG's input there regarding 'static' was plausible. not out of the ordinary. Life however was amazing. but quite dissapointed that there was little need for the Loop.

Not much to say about the others.

Yes they are worth it. They should not break, if you do your a cluts.

JDEN

I think you're right, although, I bought a big spool, and they worked fine, until one day they just started to break easy.
I figured it was because I started to leave them on my windowsill all day, in the sun, I think it wore them down.
So I guess I'm a cluts, and a redneck.
Hehe, I can't think of anyone who is less of a redneck than praetoritevong

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
here is what i recommend.
From someone who played with loops for quite a while
Pick up Silk Worm. Its a type of EIT. I find it the best. It comes in black white or clear. I use the clear as it works for most venues and what ever while the Mesika Loops show clearly on a white background.
Learn how to tie a loop. You can learn this from numerous places. MIllion Dollar Knot is one. I learnt from Box Monster.
Buy the Guerilla Guide. It starts beginners off really well and it gives you a load of routines. Pick up the Fin DVD. I like his style more than Yigal's. Finally when you get well into IT and what ever. Take a look at Losanders material. He has some with loops, some with just hookups, some with other sort of ties. Losander is the master of suspension and levitation.

I choose Silk Worm over loops because. Loops come in packs of 5, 10, 15 or what ever and they cost a hell load. They break relatively easy depending on your skill. Silk Worm costs around 2-3 times more than a pack of loops but 1 spool of the stuff can make you hundreds. which seems more worth it??? ah....

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
and you need to know stuff like loop management - and that's where Mesika's Loops ****s on Guerilla Guide, which is just look how many tricks we can come up with.

In saying that, I can only assume you never actually watched the DVDs. Am I far off?

You "needed little more important"? Interesting.

I still don't get why you felt it was necessary to break into an insult. Why else would you need to resort to such unnecessary language?

Possibly he's drunk.

Feb 8, 2009
loops are maybe the most worth it in magic but i wont reccomend you buying any loops dvd... because they only show you ideas to use loops wich im sure u can come up with yourself.
loops do worth it.

Oct 22, 2008
I mean it is a great idea and I love Mesika, he is a great magician and every thing although when i had my loops I first started off by breaking the first 3 in like less than 2 days before even performing in front of people and just practicing. Once I finally knew how to use them well I was on like my last loop. They are extremely fun when you can control their usage but I almost am afraid to use them sometimes because i do not want to take another ride all the way back the shop. But if you want them that bad then you should get them. But i may just get the turantula when it comes out. Can't wait!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results