Got Magic?

I was thinking about this idea that came to me late night a few days ago. I dreamed that I was doing "street magic" ala david blaine style and everytime I performed a new trick a box would appear over my head with some funny icon in it all like I was playing Xbox achievements or something.

This got me thinking. "What if we had some kind of special way of aquiring awards or merits by doing diffrent things and submitting proof that they were done?"

Of course this would need to be internet based. The website would be setup simular to a social networking site. Users would make profiles, detail about themselvs, and be able to access a list of achievements that they can unlock. Each time they do, a special icon badge is applied to their profile. If you click on that icon badge it links you to their proof.

Badges could be awarded for performing new effects just released on the market, classic rutines, for small, large, or TV audiences, etc.

Could also be a powerful marketing tool for other companies who would want to buy add space on the site.

I dunno, just a thought.

Aug 10, 2008
Honduras
Dreams are often a cool source of inspiration. So what's stopping you brother? YOU should start developing the idea.

Nov 2, 2008
Arkansas
I was thinking about this idea that came to me late night a few days ago. I dreamed that I was doing "street magic" ala david blaine style and everytime I performed a new trick a box would appear over my head with some funny icon in it all like I was playing Xbox achievements or something.

This got me thinking. "What if we had some kind of special way of aquiring awards or merits by doing diffrent things and submitting proof that they were done?"

Of course this would need to be internet based. The website would be setup simular to a social networking site. Users would make profiles, detail about themselvs, and be able to access a list of achievements that they can unlock. Each time they do, a special icon badge is applied to their profile. If you click on that icon badge it links you to their proof.

Badges could be awarded for performing new effects just released on the market, classic rutines, for small, large, or TV audiences, etc.

Could also be a powerful marketing tool for other companies who would want to buy add space on the site.

I dunno, just a thought.

The beauty of legalized marijuana. lol

It does sound like a good idea.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
It's not a bad idea, but what is this gonna prove?
There's gonna be a whole lot of kid magicians out there that think their awesome because they have all these internet badges.

I think it's a way to increase their egos, out of something that doesn't really matter. . . .

On the other hand, I guess it's better than having all these people doing magic to their webcam.

*mixed thoughts*

Well I was thinking that the site would have two very profound effects.

1) It would provide a substantial marketing tool to drive hype and attention into the magic world. Inspire new neophytes and stroke the passionate fires of imagination among those already interested by creating a mildly competitive environment.

2) Two, and possibly the most important thing, is create a positive outlet for younger magicians to post their video recorded work that wouldn't be such a low quality as what we've seen on youtube. Hopefully working towards the ultimate goal of making those kind of videos less appealing overall.

Mar 31, 2009
sounds like a great idea.
I used to be a member of an xbox related forum, and they had different awards for various things.
example's:
anyone who made a donation to the site, people who submitted good tutorials, the list goes on. it has been a while.

anyone who wants to add me on xbox live my gamer tag is Wooden Foot

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
I like the idea.
But then maybe it might build into an ego building "king of the hill" style thing.
Which hopefully it wouldmt but some people are like that.

Dec 16, 2008
Austin, TX
A little idea?
You could have it so that when people put it up, viewers could "tag" it with an achievement or something. With enough "tags" it would be awarded to the person.

Sounds really cool. Makes me wish my video camera was working >.<

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results