Cardistry Club - Please Help

hello.i've been into magic/cardistry for about a year and a half but never bothered to post anything,BUT it recently popped in my mind to start a magic/cardistry club in school.then i just realized that a magic club would become a "learn how Andrew does his tricks" club.SO i want to start a cardistry and creativity group.i understand that some of u may be against it.and sorry for this being so long,but does anyone have any ideas?:confused:

Jun 26, 2009
well that sounds pretty cool, but things to consider:

how many will join?
some people think magic is stupid

so just make sure u have enough people at your school that do any magic / cardistry, cause if no one does cardistry, then there is no point.

hope this helps,

zdogmagic

well that sounds pretty cool, but things to consider:

how many will join?
some people think magic is stupid

so just make sure u have enough people at your school that do any magic / cardistry, cause if no one does cardistry, then there is no point.

hope this helps,

zdogmagic

yea i took that into account ,i got one of my friends into cardistry(he's doing really good) and i was hoping to make like a commercial type thing for the morning announcements so that more ppl know about it.plus there are several magicians at my school.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
hello.i've been into magic/cardistry for about a year and a half but never bothered to post anything,BUT it recently popped in my mind to start a magic/cardistry club in school.then i just realized that a magic club would become a "learn how Andrew does his tricks" club.SO i want to start a cardistry and creativity group.i understand that some of u may be against it.and sorry for this being so long,but does anyone have any ideas?:confused:

Dude for the sake of your reputation DON'T DO IT.

Seriously, A cardistry club would be okay, but teaching magic is really a wrong choice, mainly because people there will semi learn two or three tricks, they will not bother to practice them anymore and they will heckle you like there is no tomorrow.

They will not join your club because they want to learn magic, they are going to enter because they wanna know how is it done. There is a difference there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude for the sake of your reputation DON'T DO IT.

Seriously, A cardsitry club would be okay, but eaching magic is really a wrong choice, mainly because people there will semi learn two or three tricks, they will not bother to practice them anymore and they will heckle you like there is no tomorrow.

They will not join your club because they want to learn magic, they are going to enter because they wanna know how is it done. There is a difference there.

haha i totally agree with you.i don't want to do magic in this at all.mainly just people striving to become more creative.even if that sounds corny.thanks for ya'll imputs

Last edited by a moderator:
May 3, 2008
That could be tricky. Cardistry and flourishing, especially when beginning, take A LOT of patience. They will grow impatient I assure you.

Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
That could be tricky. Cardistry and flourishing, especially when beginning, take A LOT of patience. They will grow impatient I assure you.

which brings up a great question of how to go about teaching a newbie the basics. Which moves will you consider as Fundamental? Or kinda like the "people should do magic they really like" principle that Aaron Fisher says on the t11 "Building a Foundation" vid have the person pick a cut they'd like to do and then just work on it?

Or do you create a mentorship culture where anyone more advanced can take a noob under wing to show them kinda whatever.

So let's open that can of worms too... Anyone on the forums run a well established School Flourishing Club? and what's the culture like regarding learning and how to treat beginners,,,

Apr 9, 2008
Singapore
I had the exact same idea to start a magic/flourishing club in my school. But I concluded that most of them will not spend alot of time learning the tricks and they will reveal it to others; therefore you shouldn't start a magic club. As for flourishing, I'm not sure if many students will join and only a few passionate ones will have the patience to learn.

Jul 14, 2008
I think you shouldn't start a magic club, but a cardistry club is okay. Just remember, these people don't have the commitment and patience like you.

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
I disagree with what most people say. I've started and am now maintaining a VERY successful magic club in my school. The way i did it is that i simply taught them REALLY simple tricks. Not even any sleights, just self working ones, one that i never perform anymore. This weeded out all the "secret hunters". Those who were just there for secrets got bored of it, but the people who actually wanted to learn magic stayed the next few meetings. So now i'm teaching them basic sleights and card handling skills as well as a few easy tricks.

I would say that as long as you have a respected reputation in your school as a magician, there wont be any secret hunters. This means that there are more people who watch your magic to enjoy it than there are people who heckle you. That way only people who respect your magic will stay in your magic club.

Trust me dude, starting a club is very good. Not only does it give you a chance to spread this art, but it is EXTREMELY helpful for college. But that's a whole nother topic.

HAha thanks everyone.i'm currently working on finding people that would join,and a teacher that would sponser.oh yea,i'm not having any magic,so don't worry,but does anyone know the best way to figure out who would stay with cardistry in the club?i forgot that part..haha

Jul 23, 2015
call it something like the creative club haha make the name better than that but you could pass it of as a place for artists to share ideas and inspiration. bring in other peeps like people who like to solve rubix cubes and create an artist community in ur school hope this hlps!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results