Good rubber band magic...

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
Yo guys!

So I've been wanting to get into some rubber band magic for a while now, and I was wondering what you all thought of missing link my CK. Is it good? Good teaching? Does it use gimmicks or is it impromptu?

How about Linx? From what I've heard it sound pretty angle sensitive. How bad are the angles (with practice of course)?

Any other recommendations would be awesome.

Thanks

Cheers

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Missing link is a great piece of magic. You have two rubber bands, one large and one small, and you link them. Completely impromptu (sleight of hand required) and plays well for laymen.

Linx is angle sensitive, but that can be gotten around. It's almost like Jacob's Ladder by Daniel Garcia, if you don't have the angles-don't do the trick!

Mat La Vore does a lot of rubber band magic, if he doesn't check in this thread you might consider asking him about material.

Nov 30, 2007
I highly recommend Chris Kenner's Missing Link. At first I passed it over, but when I came back to it I loved it!

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
Missing link is a great piece of magic. You have two rubber bands, one large and one small, and you link them. Completely impromptu (sleight of hand required) and plays well for laymen.

Linx is angle sensitive, but that can be gotten around. It's almost like Jacob's Ladder by Daniel Garcia, if you don't have the angles-don't do the trick!

Mat La Vore does a lot of rubber band magic, if he doesn't check in this thread you might consider asking him about material.

Thanks man, I'm thinking I'll get it!

Sounds good, if he doesn't stop by I'll drop him a PM. Thanks for the recommendation!

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I also do a ton of rubber band magic.

Band up the nose
Broken and Restored
CMH
Band through Thumb
Band through Wedding Rings
Two bands melted to one
Rubber banded ring finds a selected card out of a pack

Working on some Harlan Material

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
I really enjoy performing 'CRAZY MAN'S HANDCUFFS' and 'RUBBER MADE' by Daniel Garcia.

KevinReylek

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
NY
www.newyorkmagicproject.com
Dan Harlan and Joe Rindfleish have both published some excellent rubberband material. Several volumes chock-full of stuff between them.

Linx does have some angles to be aware of, but I wouldn't call them issues. Like many other tricks that can't be done fully surrounded you'll need to use a bit of audience management, but it's nothing that can't be used in the real world. There are plenty of great tricks out there with angle considerations. As mentioned before, if the angle isn't right, perform a different trick.

Alex is a good friend of mine, and I've been doing Linx for a pretty long time. I've performed it for friends, family, strangers, etc and have never had a problem with the angles.

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
Linx does have some angles to be aware of, but I wouldn't call them issues. Like many other tricks that can't be done fully surrounded you'll need to use a bit of audience management, but it's nothing that can't be used in the real world. There are plenty of great tricks out there with angle considerations. As mentioned before, if the angle isn't right, perform a different trick.

Alex is a good friend of mine, and I've been doing Linx for a pretty long time. I've performed it for friends, family, strangers, etc and have never had a problem with the angles.

That.

Great effect. Look into Daniel Garcia's Next Notes for more great magic including a rubber band routine. Blows socks from individuals.

Ian

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
Sorry to bring this back up, just have a few more questions on Missing link by CK.

How long is the set up? Because whenever I see a performance of it, the set up was done before. Can you do it right in front of the audience?

Do you need any special rubber bands for this? Any special types, or will any do?

Thanks guys for all your help.

Cheers

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
The setup for missing link takes a few seconds (2 or 3) as for the rubber bands any will do but he does recommend two different colours and one being a thin strecthy tan band.

Nov 7, 2009
Some good tricks are:

Crazy mans handcuffs
Linx
The missing link
Raw linkage
Slink
Band up nose
Band through thumb
Band through hand
Houndini escapes
Pixel
Jumping band
Souvinier linking rubberbands
2 bands into 1
Broken and restored band
Loops floating rubber band
vanishing rubberband
Rubbermade
Ring climbs band
Colour changing rubber bands
Rubberbands across

Take your pick :)

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
Some good tricks are:

Crazy mans handcuffs
Linx
The missing link
Raw linkage
Slink
Band up nose
Band through thumb
Band through hand
Houndini escapes
Pixel
Jumping band
Souvinier linking rubberbands
2 bands into 1
Broken and restored band
Loops floating rubber band
vanishing rubberband
Rubbermade
Ring climbs band
Colour changing rubber bands
Rubberbands across

Take your pick :)
Dude, thanks! I'll be checking these out.

Sep 30, 2009
Elkhart, IN
Not sure what it's called but I like to hold one rubber band streched out in left hand between first finger and thumb. Place other one behind showing they can not pass threw each other then make it happen. Any one know the "right" name for this trick.

Nov 7, 2009
Not sure what it's called but I like to hold one rubber band streched out in left hand between first finger and thumb. Place other one behind showing they can not pass threw each other then make it happen. Any one know the "right" name for this trick.

Crazy mans handcuffs

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results