Tips for beginners (Personal exp)

Sep 17, 2010
Romania
Oke so, I don't really know if I should be making this thread, or everything here was re-posted, but I like too keep it simple, so, here I go:

1. If you have planned to get into cardistry, prepare first of mentally, because not everyone will say "That's awesome" - yes, you will amaze people, but after you do the same thing 2 days in a row they will get bored.
2. Flourishing isn't something that you need to do "by the book", things can be modified, grips can be "remade".
For example, one day I started learning "The Eye Cut" by Bone Ho, and I couldn't do The talon, and instead, I made an improvised 1 handed cut to help me out, and the rest was the same.
3. Practice makes perfect - practice hard, don't go like "Man, I tried this a few times and I didn't make it, I give up" - NO! keep it positive, you might have to learn something, and it might take you 1 day / 1 week / 1 month, anything is possible if you try.
4. Try again later - Let's say you have planned something to learn. I for example, 3 weeks ago, I wanted to learn a flourish, and in that moment, I couldn't, simple as that, and I started learning something else. After 3 weeks, I tried to learn it again, and it seemed very easy. So don't give up!
5. Motivation - You need it ! find it!

Oct 1, 2008
Northwest Indiana
I agree. Especially about modification. When I learned Pandora I found I do the second part horribly (for now) so instead I finish it with a modified version of Madison's 11:14

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results