Walking Liberties

Aug 6, 2008
How much is a Walking Liberty worth? It is 1941 walking liberty circulated. is 15$ too much or is that a good price?

That's a fairly good price. I've seen them go a little cheaper, but that really is fine. I would also suggest looking into the Barber Half dollars as well. They are older, so there is a higher probability of finding a more worn and less noisy coin. I personally use and prefer Barber Halves.

Aug 6, 2008
Because they are not even real coins, and they say precision and stealth which would make the spectator assume they are somehow gimmicked. The whole purpose why coin magic is so great is because it is magic with the most common item coins. Sure half dollars are not used everyday but people have heard about them and at least seen one. It still brings an air of authencity. Imagine the first time you ever saw coin magic. It just had this awe of impossibleness. Which is what made me start to learn coin magic, and I want to pass on that feeling to the people.

Dec 6, 2010
I wouldn't assume people would think that the Artifacts are gimmicked right off the bat.. and if they do, they'll be impressed when you let them check everything out before and after the effect. Using those coins would just be like using the arcanes, black tigers, shadow masters, ghosts, sentinels, centurons, etc. All of those decks look awesome, but at the same time different, which is why some people might question them, but that doesn't stop the thousands of people from buying and performing with them..

Jun 10, 2010
Because they are not even real coins, and they say precision and stealth which would make the spectator assume they are somehow gimmicked. The whole purpose why coin magic is so great is because it is magic with the most common item coins. Sure half dollars are not used everyday but people have heard about them and at least seen one. It still brings an air of authencity. Imagine the first time you ever saw coin magic. It just had this awe of impossibleness. Which is what made me start to learn coin magic, and I want to pass on that feeling to the people.

Everyone criticizing the Artifact coins is like a 12 year old watching CNN - they just repeat **** without understanding it. I don't know about you, but in my coin performances, the coin is never held in a position close enough and in a friendly enough view for the spectators to read the word. To give you an idea - how many spectators of yours notice a discrepancy between years on your coins? Probably none, because they don't look at that. If you perform with custom cards, I see no problem with custom coins.

And the same can be said for any type of organic magic - that doesn't mean that it's harder hitting naturally. Coin magic, in my opinion, is just cleaner and more magical for some people because there's a lot less variables involved. To a spectator, what looks simpler - 3 coins or 52 cards?

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Because they are not even real coins, and they say precision and stealth which would make the spectator assume they are somehow gimmicked. The whole purpose why coin magic is so great is because it is magic with the most common item coins. Sure half dollars are not used everyday but people have heard about them and at least seen one. It still brings an air of authenticity.

If you just said that, then why are you looking for Walking Liberties? I'm sure most laymen have NEVER seen a Walking Liberty, more or less a Barber or Morgan. It wouldn't be different with the Artifact Coins. And like Sabor said, the spectators wont get a good look at what the coin actually says in the first place. They're focused on the coin as a whole, rather than focusing on the details of the coin you are using.

Even if you used a Walking Liberty, Barber, Morgan, or any other coin, your spectators might think they are gaffed too if you are performing impossible coin magic. Think about, like I said earlier, most laymen have never seen those coins. Their opinion would be the same of a Kennedy as it would be an Artifact Coin.

If you want coins that most people are used to, then get regular Kennedy Halves or Quarters. Just my thoughts.

Aug 6, 2008
I see where you guys are coming from, but even if I do let them examine them the liberties still have the official United States of America to prove them. I guess you could validate the artifacts if you wanted to. But in my case I think Liberties look better and it is actually a real coin..

Sep 7, 2008
I disagree, and I can't see any professional coin magician using the artifacts. In certain routines, I have my coins examined before and after. Having the spectator see the words "precision" and "stealth" would take away from part of the magic. As well, these coins are about twice as thick as a normal half dollar.

The price, at $5.99-$6.99, is odd considering a silver half dollar can be found for around $8-$10. Not that much of a price difference. It's even better to buy silver right now because the price of silver is steadily increasing.

I just don't get it... do people not realize putting the word "stealth" on something makes it less stealthy?!

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
A mini van is stealthy to most police officers. Think about it. How many times have you seen a mini van pulled over for a DUI or speeding ticket? Hmmmm....not many. Just thought that was funny so I threw that out there.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
I think the coins look OK, but if you really want your coins to look less suspicious. Then just use quarters, People see those ALL the time, so when they see you doing something with em, it won't look gimmicky, and Good news, if you happen to lose a set of quarters you can easily get a new set on the cheap.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results