Archive

Ok people... Let's just nip this in the bud now. There has already been a thread about this subject so this one is redundant.

No one on this forum is going to have any more information than those who do the news letters and expose show. If the website doesn't have any new information then I doubt we will.

When the wire was in production we'd see five new threads a week all asking the same question: " when's the wire coming out?". They all got answerd the same way then locked.

Don't be that guy. When it's ready they'll let us know. I'm sure we'll all hear about it.

Aug 19, 2012
UK
Haha yeah i remembered there was already a thread about it just after posting this, and wanted to delete it, but i cant -_-

Feb 18, 2011
William,

Look, I've seen a lot of your posts, and you always try to run the forums. Whenever someone says something you don't like, you have something negative to say. I don't mean to be rude to you, but dude, the forums purpose is for people to converse, ask questions, and contribute to the magic community. So relax, don't be so harsh on people.

I know it's easy to forget you're talking to real people with real emotions; to forget that they aren't just words on a moniter, but they are, in fact, people. So if you disagree, thats fine, but at least treat them with some respect. If you want to get anywhere in life, it's better to kindly disagree than to burn all your bridges.

All I'm doing is respectfully asking you to not take the forums so seriously, and lighten up a bit.

"Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes!"

Jun 25, 2008
William,

Look, I've seen a lot of your posts, and you always try to run the forums. Whenever someone says something you don't like, you have something negative to say. I don't mean to be rude to you, but dude, the forums purpose is for people to converse, ask questions, and contribute to the magic community. So relax, don't be so harsh on people.

I know it's easy to forget you're talking to real people with real emotions; to forget that they aren't just words on a moniter, but they are, in fact, people. So if you disagree, thats fine, but at least treat them with some respect. If you want to get anywhere in life, it's better to kindly disagree than to burn all your bridges.

All I'm doing is respectfully asking you to not take the forums so seriously, and lighten up a bit.

this. Sorry for not contributing to the thread.

Dalton,

Text convey no emotion, no tone of voice, and fail to express an individuals intentions or experience. When we speak to each other outside of cyberspace in a matter of seconds we are able to make several accurate assessments of another individuals position based on their body language, and delivery of dialog. If we meet with opposition then it's easy to identify the resistance and quickly alter approach or offer apology if an offense is taken before things escalate beyond control. Many of these face saving skills at inter personal communications are void when they are applied online in such places as these forums. Simply because we can't see or hear each other. In a way that makes it easier to be far more blunt with someone than what we'd normally afford them in a more personal situation. Maybe that's not a good thing, but understanding why something happens is the first step to negating it from happening.

Now as to the forums Dalton I am about as passionate as anyone else here when it comes to our community. I can tell you that I only participate in two online forums, outside of Facebook, for magicians and Theory11 is the one I'm most active in. I love magic, and I love the community here. I'm very proud to be a member here and I'm grateful for all the wonderful magicians I've made friends with since I came here. I'll be the first person to stick up for this place or its members, and the last person you'll want to cross if you plan on abusing any of our forum members verbally during your stay. I don't tolerate exposure, and I won't condone people becoming complacent in their magical path. As you've noticed if I have an opinion I'll speak it. Freely, and unapologetically. I'm blunt, honest, and to the point. I don't BS people, and I won't pull a punch. My teachers didn't molly coddle me, and I won't do that to anyone in return. I'm not a forum moderator nor am I staff for this website. Therefore I can say the things that others can't or won't. I will always respect the rules here, and expect to be put into check should I ever (if ever) step out of bounds.

I don't try to run the forums here. I know I come off like some kind of cocky punk but I speak from experience. I've made a lot of mistakes in my life and many of the things I am so adamant about comes from earnestly wanting to prevent others from walking down some of the harder roads I've walked myself. While I'm okay with you being critical of the negative aspects of my persona I would appreciate if you'd not just focus on the bad. What you don't mention is that I'm just as quick to complement someone on something that I do like. Or provide constructive feedback when able.

I agree with you that the forums is a place to communicate and ask questions. A place to learn, and grow. A place to converse and carry on. I think we're both playing on the same side of the field here. I appreciate what you are saying, and I'll try to be a bit "softer" when replying in the future.

William,

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results