PROOF: You Don't Need Special Gimmicks

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
So good it looks like special effects. Pretty sure this guy did a routine at the last FISM as well.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
It's interesting to me that you seem to be filtering what's good through the lens of what would work for you. Says something about how you think about magic in general.

I adore Yann's routine. It tells a story, it's expressive, it's got a bunch of magical moments, it's different... I wish everyone put this much effort into creating unique routines.

It's interesting to me that you seem to be filtering what's good through the lens of what would work for you. Says something about how you think about magic in general.

I adore Yann's routine. It tells a story, it's expressive, it's got a bunch of magical moments, it's different... I wish everyone put this much effort into creating unique routines.
I expressed my amazement of his skill and talent. Maybe it's just because I am a magician, but I knew exactly how it was all done. That doesn't matter though because the technique was FLAWLESS. Again, though, the moves were too fast for my taste. If that's what he's going for then cheers to him. I just feel like the whole performance could be more magical if it was slowed down just a bit.

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
I expressed my amazement of his skill and talent. Maybe it's just because I am a magician, but I knew exactly how it was all done. That doesn't matter though because the technique was FLAWLESS. Again, though, the moves were too fast for my taste. If that's what he's going for then cheers to him. I just feel like the whole performance could be more magical if it was slowed down just a bit.

I've encountered very few magicians that can fool me in that I do know how most all of it works . . . BUT, when I see an ARTIST like this young man (who actually won @ FISM as I've come to learn) or the great Norm Nealson, Shamada or Tomsoni & Co. I see what magic is supposed to be; the simple & deliberate act of amazement.

As to the Speed issue, I believe that may be more due to time limits one must deal with in competition. Then again, when it comes to this type of "manipulation magic" we're looking at something that's more akin to juggling. . . one of the earlier terms given to describe what we do was in fact "Juggler" because of our act of control over things.

It's still inspiring stuff!

and here's some more of his material

[video=vimeo;31034609]http://vimeo.com/31034609[/video]

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results