one handed vanishes

Feb 10, 2013
I was wondering what kind of one handed vanishes there are out there. A lot of routines include a vanish at the end, some of which require it to be done with one hand. In almost all cases I see people doing the usual vanish to finger palm acting like they toss the coin into the air. The only problem with this is that tossing a coin into the air is not always the best fit. Another alternative is the j.w. vanish that happens with a blow, but are there any other interesting one handed vanishes out there?

Aug 17, 2010
A deep back clip, a Goshman pinch, a Downs palm, Garrett Thomas' web grip, a Harada hold, a nowhere palm, an edge grip a back thumb palm - I'm sure there must be others to do a one-handed vanish. A J.W. grip need not always be done with a blow...

What often works as well is a really good acquitment, when you show both hands empty (or holding only what they're supposed to be holding).

You can sleeve a coin using tons of methods (many one handed), you could topit it, you could re-work the your routine to allow you to ditch it on the back of your neck, under your watch, on a spectator's shoulder, do a purse swindle move to acquit yourself and finish with a penetration, the coin to eye or mouth, you could muscle pass it unseen to a shirt or jacket pocket, you could edge grip it, or even do a misdirection vanish or spider grip vanish. You could load a duplicate somewhere at the onset, and have the ending be a translocation. You could have a pull, holdout, or the like.

Feb 10, 2013
baguette-The arming system is cool and fun, but I find it far from practical.

JButterfield-I love all your suggestions of various palms that could work. They all allow for a very deceptive look of an empty hand. (You can add Stealth Palm to that list-I was just thinking about what could be done with that one.)
As far as the ditches go, I am not always looking to ditch the coin at the end, but am well aware of many methods if I must. The loads are always fun additions to routines, but I was wondering what kind of one handed vanishes there are, so if I wanted to load that coin somewhere else afterwards I very well could. I do like the suggestions though.

I have found three that may turn into something good. One utilizes the deep back clip, and another one uses another clip which I am blanking on the name of right now. The last one is probably my favorite right now. I got inspiration from something I saw Garrett Thomas do.

Aug 18, 2013
Slydini has some lapping techniques using a single hand that are quite nice. Most of these appear in Richard Kaufman classic text: Coin Magic

-Qlancy

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results