App for magicians (Magic Manager)

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
Just downloaded. I notice that hierarchy is spelled wrong in the tutorial slides., just fyi ;)
Also noticed (Nexus 6p):
-Search feature doesn't seem to work, nothing happens. (I would love for it to search all the text, rather than just titles and tags)
- Is there a way to add a feature to easily add a you tube video link and watch it in the app? (lots of my videos are uploaded to YT)
-A suggestion for user friendliness, in the top Text Boxes, display what information should go there (like have the word "Title" in the title spot, "Tags" in the tag field. etc) I thought title was supposed to go at the top, then I saw a title field lower down and got confused as to what was supposed to go at the top. Then I realized I had already put a title in when I named the trick after pressing the add button, so then I didn't know why it was asking for a title again.
-Also what is the format for tags? do they need commas? Hashtags? spaces? (it should probably say somewhere near the field)
-how about a "show builder" as a future development? A way to group and order effects together to easily create sets for walk around or shows.
-another future development idea might be to add a card for materials. Then when you combine your tricks in sets, the materials lists combine so you can see all the stuff you need to pack at a glance. (Just a thought)

I like the idea a lot. I'm going to try and use it.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2016
Germany
First thanks for the review, I really appreciate it!

I notice that hierarchy is spelled wrong in the tutorial slides., just fyi ;)
Ouch, that should not have happend, I will fix it in the next update, thanks!

Search feature doesn't seem to work, nothing happens.
You can either search for the name of the trick (capitalization and spacing must be the same), or for the tags (you have to include a "#" before that)

-A suggestion for user friendliness, in the top Text Boxes, display what information should go there (like have the word "Title" in the title spot, "Tags" in the tag field. etc)
Great idea, I will add that in the next update!

-Also what is the format for tags? do they need commas? Hashtags? spaces? (it should probably say somewhere near the field)
"#" before the tags, no spaces, no commas. I will a add some sort of clarification into the app next update.

-how about a "show builder" as a future development? A way to group and order effects together to easily create sets for walk around or shows.
I could add a new card type, which is essentially a link to another trick. *writes this down on the to-do list*

another future development idea might be to add a card for materials. Then when you combine your tricks in sets, the materials lists combine so you can see all the stuff you need to pack at a glance. (Just a thought)
Basically just a text card which would merge into one card when tricks are combined?

Reactions: Justin.Morris
Jul 7, 2016
Germany
I really like working on this app, but there is one issue. The app currently has 8 downloads, needless to say that's not a lot (ad revenue is obviously 0), working on updates and releasing new features is a lot of work. Working on an app with 8 downloads doesn't really feel too rewarding (don't get me wrong I know there are a few people liking the app and I really appreciate that). The question is how to get more people to use it, one idea was to make the app more casual.I had this idea of pre-saving some tricks so people with no magic background could get started and have a little, but solid repertoire.
There are a quite a lot of well known tricks revealed all over the internet (mainly Youtube), could or should I include some tricks which are already exposed into the app?
I'd like to hear your opinion about this!

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
That's an interesting idea. If there was say, 5-10 public domain simple magic tricks preloaded, Then people could see how it works, what it should look like, and filling it up might not be so daunting. The tricks need to be public domain, not just exposed on youtube.

Dec 20, 2014
Frisco, Texas
I think this an absolutely great idea as if you create a trick on the fly then you normally have to put it in notes and it isn't very organized. This on the other hand is looking very organized and clean. Will love to see this app.

Jul 5, 2016
Texas
I got the app, it is a really cool idea. However, I did find a couple bugs. The first one is when I tap the option to add text, picture, or video the names are not lined up with the icons. Along the same line when I try to save text that I add, it will erase it. But everything else in the app is working fine! Keep up the good work!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results