Q and A

DanielH

Elite Member
Apr 21, 2010
Hello, long time lurker here. I'm sure there have been posts on this in the past but I'd like to get some feedback. I've been doing magic and mentalism for about 7 years, and I often pick magicians to study their work as best as I can for periods of time to figure out what styles best suit me, and I've been doing a lot of work lately on Q&A routines and I have it pretty well down but I can't find what way suits me best to begin the Q&A before I make the first s***** or p***. I was playing with "clear choice" from thinking paradox but I don't necessarily like the post it note aspect. When performing for smaller groups I try to go with a variation of AOK but I'm trying to put something together for bigger groups, I like how Bob Cassidy started name and place, but more often than not I feel handling folded billets feels fishy, (strictly from a presentation standpoint) something I'm willing to work past that. so I was wondering, without giving away any methods if you had any ideas to improve a q&a from the start before you really get into the moves. If that makes any sense? Thanks in advance

DanielH

Elite Member
Apr 21, 2010
A pretty standard q&a with billets, randomly picking them up and revealing what is inside, Im trying to ask how to make it a better presentation before the meat of the routine really starts.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
What would you think would be the best presentation? What would impress you?

I think the biggest issue I have with Q&A routines that I've seen is that they're boring. Don't let it become just a round of saying words. I think Derren Brown's Q&A (Which he calls The Oracle Act) was done very well. I think it was in Mind Reader and Evening of Wonders.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results