Learn the pass?

Yes, Andew used to be working ( and living ) in Saudi Arabia ( in Riyadh, same city as mine! )for a quite some time, he even speaks the language fluently ( spelling )! I had alot of chatting with him over PMs at the magic cafe.

I want to get some moves and effects down ( his in particular ), then show it to him. I bet I'll be in for a treat :)

~ Feras

Dec 14, 2007
I met Andrew years ago. I did not see him really "work" but I had already read his manuscripts. His trick construction is VERY good. I will PM a DVD and book title you might really like.

Brad

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
I learned my pass from a youtube tutorial :) Don't really recommend it but the English guy who posted it was one of the better passers compared to other people I've seen, maybe I haven't seen "really" good passers but he was definitely better than Brad Christian.

I think you should listen to Brad H. and get On the Pass because he sounds like he knows what he is talking about, and plus I heard plethora of good things said about it.

Sep 9, 2007
Is anyone familiar with a "Hermann with a cover pass"?

Basically it's a hermann pass under the top card and it looks something like this:

http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=lqNQUQ5b5mc

It looks obvious that something is going on, but now after some practise it's fast and invisible. I'll try to post a new video soon.

Peace.

Oct 8, 2007
As far as sources, a lot have already given you some to look up so i though i'd just share this with you.

I was asking a friend once about the pass and he said that he did his by squaring up the deck and simultaneuosly doing the pass. While standing up, he would bring up his knee and use it as a table to square the deck. Although it might sound illogical at times because you can square the deck up even without the "table", it proves a point.

Sometimes, you can casually cover up the smallest of moves by doing larger ones and it can actually work for other things aside from the pass. In this case it was the knee as table thing. My pass doesn't always work out well so I do a turnover of the deck as i do the pass. It covers up the move and can flow logically with some patter/dialogue. i guess the pass is one of those moves that may seem basic but still require a bit of practice to get down perfectly.

May 13, 2008
Kaufman's On the Pass

I found the teaching in the video (On the Pass) very helpful and quite strong. He teaches about five types of passes. I've never seen any other video/dvd's on the pass so I don't have much to compare it to. Nice angles and slow motion is used to help one see what happens. The video is a bit dated now but the material is great. I really liked the "midnight shift" which was a quite new (to me) variation on the pass - but is essentially more of a color change than an effort at an invisible pass. Very cool though. The Complete Works of Derek Dingle (by Kaufman) has excellent descriptions of various passes too, which I found helpful. Be prepared for lot's of practice if your intention is to develop a truly invisible pass.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results