Playing Cards :: Bicycle Centurions

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
So I walked into my house after school, and there is a package from FedEx sitting on my bed. Guess who it's from.

I pop it open, and inside is a black envelope. Handwritten in silver ink is my name, along with the words, "Intelligenti Pauca." My mind exploded.

As you can probably guess, I was one of the 11 to receive a deck of Bicycle Centurions, and here's my review.

Backs
The backs on these cards are amazing. They're sleek, modern, and overall gorgeous. You can see them in the gallery on the Centurions page for yourself. The only con is that the black is a bit faded, so it appears to be more of an incredibly dark grey.

Faces
Bingo. Jackpot. Insert phrase of happiness here. The faces on these cards are great. The reds have been brightened just a tad from the darker reds on the Guardians. The royal cards are all red, grey, black, and white. They look amazing. The Ace of Spades is great, as well. It's the spade you see on the backs, with skulls on the bottom, and little flourishing designs around it.

Now, I really have to single two cards out. The Jokers. They are my favorite cards in the deck. On the upper left corner and the lower right corner is the word JOKER, stretching vertically across the face of the card. On the opposite corners are stars. The main picture is something totally new. Instead of some humanoid figure, there is a shield. Yes, a shield. There are two crossed sword across it, and two more skulls. I am going to be using the Jokers as much as possible.

Handling
Magic
For magic, these cards are great. They were a little clumpy coming out of the box, but that all but went away. The faces are awesome for color changes, and I can do all of my sleights easily.

Flourishing
As I said, the cards were a bit clumpy, similar to the first edition Guardians, but not as bad. The clumping only lasted for a little while, and now they are great. They hold together fairly well for cuts, and the fanning isn't bad, either. The feel is similar to a deck of Guardians.

Overall
I really love this deck. Now they need to come out with some other colors. I can totally see it now: Red Centurions, Inverse Centurions.

All in all, I have to give this deck a 9.5/10.

Good job Theory 11.

David

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Clumpy, yet still 9.5? lol..

How long have you been using them for?

How do they fan, spread etc now?

Thickness of stock? Are they poker sized?

In comparison to;
1) Guardians Second Edition
2) Masters
3) Stock Bikes

If you could answer the above, it would be much appreciated :D
I've used them for about a day now, but I've been using them for pretty much 8 hours straight. The fans are decent, as well as the spreads. No complaints in that area.

The stock and size look and feel identical to a deck of Guardians, so go pick one of those up.

Comparisons:
1) Guardians 2nd Ed- The feel is very similar. It's practically identical. I thought the Guardians were good cards, so I love these. If you didn't like the Guardians, I'd say pick the cards up anyway, if only to admire the Jokers.
2)Masters- I've never used a deck of Masters, so I can't say.
3)Stock (Rider Back) Bikes- They feel incredibly different. As I said before, they feel a lot like Guardians. They aren't as slippery as a new deck of Bikes, and they feel thicker.

Do they come with a double backer or any "special" cards?
Just like the Guardians, they come with a double backer.

Hope this helps!

David

Sep 12, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
Wow you are lucky. That must of been the best moment of your day lol. Yeah, im picking up a deck next month, along with TnR. Don't worry, im not doing TnR with the Centurions lol.

Felix

PhilTheMagician

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
HOW the hell does one get all these awesome freebies from Theory11?

I'm so jealous :(

I'll write up a review if someone were to give me something free.....

Nov 15, 2007
Ada Oklahoma
Wow. They sound great. I didn't see this post till just now but oh well because the same day you started this a pick up half a brick of Centurians and half a brick or Gaurdians so... YAY!!!

-SM

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results