10 Illusions in 5 Minutes!

Mar 2, 2008
when you have tricks like this...patter is not even required..hahahaha

Yea it is, just not in this case because hes putting on a different type of experince.

Also there is still alot of acting being used to sell the illiusions.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Because nothing says, 'Respect this as an art form,' as cramming as many effects into five minutes as you can.

Nov 10, 2007
Virginia
Because nothing says, 'Respect this as an art form,' as cramming as many effects into five minutes as you can.

Personally, I think performing 10 illusions in 5 minutes shows great respect for magicians and illusionists all over the world. Could you, or anybody, do what Hans did within that short amount of time? It takes intense practice and patience to master what he did. Just my opinion.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Yes, it's impressive, sure. But so is juggling 9 clubs or bench pressing 285 lbs. Doesn't make it magical. Personally, I feel it trivializes magic just to see how quickly one can perform effects.

May 31, 2008
Yes, it's impressive, sure. But so is juggling 9 clubs or bench pressing 285 lbs. Doesn't make it magical. Personally, I feel it trivializes magic just to see how quickly one can perform effects.

I would have to agree, and although all of these effects had different twists to them, they were just metamorphosis effects. Don't get me wrong, the metamorphosis is probably my favorite piece of stage magic, but after the fourth time the audience must have been thinking, "Okay, that's cool, you guys can change places quickly. Can't you do something else?"

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
It doenst matters how you feel, what matters is the audience feel. Didnt you see all the audience applause with standing feet?

True, audience reaction is very important. This is a purely personal dislike. It's the same dislike I have for magic competitions.

Mar 2, 2008
I would have to agree, and although all of these effects had different twists to them, they were just metamorphosis effects. Don't get me wrong, the metamorphosis is probably my favorite piece of stage magic, but after the fourth time the audience must have been thinking, "Okay, that's cool, you guys can change places quickly. Can't you do something else?"

Disagree.

You saw the audince at the end, they liked it. They were most likely shocked and thinking "what what wait how but he what!!?" Even if they don't remember every effect that took place they will remember that they were in awed and how nuts and fast pace it was.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
I did not know what to expect however I was not really satisfied with that. I showed it to my housemate and he said pretty much what everyone has been saying. Yes it's clever but it is very much look what I can do, but really really fast.

So essentially this atleast to me is no different to watching Brian Tudor perfrom.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results