10 Theories Competition

Do you think this a good idea and will you participate in this?

• Total voters
Mar 8, 2008
New Hampshire
Hey guys, I was bored today and I thought to have a fun competition in the magic community.
So here it is: Each Week, people can film and create a trick going with 1 theory of magic. There will be a different one each week and this will last for 10 weeks. Here are the details.

Only one video can be posted for each theory
The videos will be judged by the community on Saturdays, which your video has to be in by.
You don't have to enter all or any of the contests.

Here is the order for the Theories:
1. Production
2. Vanish
3. Transposition
4. Transformation
5. Multiplication
6. Penetration
7. Restoration
8. Suspension
9. Levitation
10. Mentalism

The submissions will be each week in this order.
I encourage people who want to do this and understand if you don't
Mods: if you want to close or delete this it is alright, but I don't think it is breaking any rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 14, 2007
USA
Sounds like it could be interesting. However, I think that's why the "Battle Arena" of Theory11 was created. Many performances of these "theories" can be found within there. Not a bad idea though. Perhaps you can open a Support Ticket to suggest it to someone.

Mar 8, 2008
New Hampshire
I thought about the battle arena, but that can only be for 2 people at a time. This contest can be between as many people as you like. It also is supposed to show creativity in each area of magic.

By The Way, I personally will try to make a new trick for each category and I hope you will think of tricks instead of showing already made ones, too.

Alright, now that I have noticed how many people have voted, I think I will start. The category will be underlined for the week, enter when you want.

Mar 8, 2008
New Hampshire
Alright, it is currently Sunday and I am having the votes today. I completely bombed on time, so I didn't film my trick. If you did, then post it on this thread and we'll see how people did.

Nov 8, 2007
Here is the order for the Theories:
1. Production
2. Vanish
3. Transposition
4. Transformation
5. Multiplication
6. Penetration
7. Restoration
8. Suspension
9. Levitation
10. Mentalism

Those aren't theories. Aside from #10, which is a sub-genre, the rest are plots.

Mar 8, 2008
New Hampshire
really, when I search for them that is what comes up. They are the theories, I just searched again, but they do sound like plots for magic.

Mar 8, 2008
New Hampshire
alright, this one contest will go on for another week due to the fact that there are no submissions. The theory (or plot) will still be production and I hope people will do this. I won't lose track of time this time (hopefully) and the tricks should be submitted on this thread by 12 EST on Saturday.

Nov 10, 2007
Who cares if it's more fun for the magician? The spectator is the ONLY thing that matters. And why is breaking battles down a good thing?

Why are you making this such a bid deal? It is Camel's idea and if thats the way if he wants it thats way it will be.
I like your idea Camel, I may participate:).

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results