5 Speed by Chris Kenner

Jan 26, 2008
Sweden
This is a great effect.

Iv seen some people complain about the price but i think the price is fair.

An effect with almost no angel problems that is basically fool proof and entertaining is worth 10 times more if your a working magician.

Effects this good and practical is very rare.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
True, but I think people have every right to complain about the price (no, I'm not one of those people), simply because for... about $27 more, you could get Kenner's book Totally Out of Control and get Five Speed included, or for about $7 more, you could get Joel Paschall's Believe or Lee Asher's Witness and have a really killer effect. I don't know, the price seems like a little much, but I was more than happy with what I got for the price.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
No, it is. Trust me, just since I got it (the night it was released), I've performed it at least 10 times, and every time it got great reactions. But if I had to choose- this or Believe... I would definitely choose Believe, and I would recommend Believe over this, as well. Don't get me wrong, I love this effect- I just love Believe more! :D

Dec 5, 2007
The great thing about this is that it appears "move less" and very straight forward, the magic is just happening and your not doing any unaturall looking moves and the change is just unexpected.

I really dislike card magic most of the time for the reason that it looks like your doing hardcore sleight of hand to make amazing things happen, and not magic.

While we as magicians will be impressed becaus we know how hard it is to pull off the moves most lay people will just explain it with that hes doing things so fast that they cant see whats happening.

I'v seen some of the top "card men" performe with my friends and they have not been very impressed becaus they can always explain it with that, "hes just so fast that i cant see"

But this effect is magic.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I don't really get what you're saying. Most card magic doesn't look like hard-core sleight of hand... if you do it correctly.

Dec 5, 2007
Okey maybe not all card magic but what i ment was more that we should keep it simple.

I see alot of magicians doing ultra hard and rare sleights becaus they want to impress other magicians aswell and not wanting do to well known material becaus "everyone knows it" and "everyone is doing it"

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Yes, for example, many magicians spend hours everyday practicing the Classic Pass, just so they can videotape it and show off to other magicians. People with fast Passes don't really impress me too much. That's why I keep my magic simple.

Dec 5, 2007
Yes thats what i mean.

Alot of magicians are performing hard material just becaus its hard and it will impress other magicians.

People your performing for does not know whats hard and whats not.

So insted of doing the hardest sleights possible its better to do something simple that people your performing for can enjoy.

So thats what i like about this effect, nice and simple.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results