A bit about me

Sep 1, 2007
new member :)

That much is obvious, but I think what Chris is getting at is posting newspaper articles about yourself in lieu of a more... personable introduction is putting the cart before the horse. We don't know you, we know nothing about you as a person, and that makes the self-advertising a bit cloying. Why should I have to go to your website to learn about you? To be blunt, if you don't have the time to properly introduce yourself to me, I don't have the time to read your ad copy.

Jul 25, 2012
Detroit, MI
Well you know if we went by the logic that Christopher is using why should we care about anyone on the fourms, we know he is a new member and he is trying to introduce himself to us, do not automatically come off as disrespectful even if you say "no offense" that does not necessarily mean that someone will not be offended. On another note welcome.

My Apologies

Hey sorry, everyone ... I don't know what I was thinking. I should have introduced myself properly in the beggining.
My name is Haroon Sader, and I'm an alchoholic, lol just kidding. :D
I'm a professional, Psychological Illusionist (the term i've stuck with), I focus on 3 areas of mystery, namely mentalism, hypnosis and card magic. I'm 19 years old and have been performing for a long time, but only began doing this full-time around August 2011. Early on this year I entered a Reality TV show, here in South Africa, and came in first :) ... It's called Zoned.tv... It was a 26 episode series, which lasted 6 months, I was up against dancers, and musicians and comediens etc. I always wanted our art to be on the same level as all others, and I'm doing my best.

I've taken a month break from magic, but now I'm back. (needed the break)...
Anyway, i think that's about it...

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Well you know if we went by the logic that Christopher is using why should we care about anyone on the fourms, we know he is a new member and he is trying to introduce himself to us, do not automatically come off as disrespectful even if you say "no offense" that does not necessarily mean that someone will not be offended. On another note welcome.

I do understand that "No offense" is usually put right before something offensive, however, I couldn't think of another phrase that communicated the idea that I'm not meaning offense when I say what I'm about to say.

I meant exactly what Haroon and Steerpike picked up on. Just popping on here and putting up some links and a website basically says, "I'm awesome. Look at how awesome I am." We want discussion here, yes? We want people, not egos, yeah? Also, I'm frequently frustrated by the total lack of social skills I see in magicians. This was just one of those expressions of that frustration.

Anyway.

Welcome, Haroon. Congratulations on the win, hope your career continues to do well.

Sep 1, 2007
Hey sorry, everyone ... I don't know what I was thinking. I should have introduced myself properly in the beggining.
My name is Haroon Sader, and I'm an alchoholic, lol just kidding. :D
I'm a professional, Psychological Illusionist (the term i've stuck with), I focus on 3 areas of mystery, namely mentalism, hypnosis and card magic. I'm 19 years old and have been performing for a long time, but only began doing this full-time around August 2011. Early on this year I entered a Reality TV show, here in South Africa, and came in first :) ... It's called Zoned.tv... It was a 26 episode series, which lasted 6 months, I was up against dancers, and musicians and comediens etc. I always wanted our art to be on the same level as all others, and I'm doing my best.

I've taken a month break from magic, but now I'm back. (needed the break)...
Anyway, i think that's about it...

That's better, thank you. I'm not a reality TV fan, but credit where due, you managed to show yourself as a legitimate entertainer to a TV audience so props.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results