A False Cut

I've used a very simplistic false cut recently that has been very deceptive to the audiences I've performed it with. This might have been done before, (it's not rocket science,) but I certainly didn't learn it from anyone else.

It's just a swivel cut, but once the top of the deck has been transferred to your mechanics-grip hand, you lean that packet against the tips of your fingers, allowing for a gap between the thumb and the packet. The remaining packet (bottom of the deck originally) is overhand shuffled underneath the top half, and the whole deck is shifted naturally back to mechanics-grip. In a nutshell, it's a swivel cut in which the bottom is replaced BACK ON THE BOTTOM at the end.

It's substantially easier than that explanation may make it seem, though it's fluidity makes it seem like a real cut. I've used it many times, and it's never caused anyone to be suspicious.
Peace,
Jonathan

Sep 1, 2007
*Waits for trash to say something*

lol, I know what you mean, I wouldn't say it's totally original due to the simplicity, it's a good idea for a convincing control though and if you were a T11 artist you would get $5 for it.

And I don't think that's what he's talking about Jamal :p.

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
So youre saying do a herman-pass-like motion with the top packet? Well it seems like a good idea and its probably easier for beginners. However, you want a false overhand shuffle, i suggest you check out The Expert at the Card Table, Part 2 (the magic part, i forgot its name), Blind Shuffle To Retain Complete Stock. It is a 100% false overhand shuffle and is very deceptive when done smoothly.

Cool.

I'll have to go look that false shuffle up. Thanks for the recommendation!
Peace,
Jonathan
EDIT: I read through the Expert at the Card Table again, and I'd completely forgotten that shuffle. It's nice. I think that'll be a great addition to Emerge Triumphant, as well as a couple of other tricks. Thanks Again!

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results