Aaron and Wayne Shooting in Chico!

AaronFisher

theory11 artist
Aug 31, 2007
www.aaronfishermagic.com
Hey Gang,

I'm sitting on Wayne's couch healing from a fantastic steak dinner and an exciting day. Dana, Wayne and I have been working all weekend on some material for the One on One section that we think will be very exciting.

Due the the nature of our project, we've been talking a lot today about card fundamentals - the basic but invaluable techniques we use to entertain people every day. We've been trying to figure out what sleight of hand you most want to learn.

So, now we have a question for you. Think about the magic you've learned, what you've gained and what you still feel you need to accomplish to become a great card man and magician. Tell us what you think - and be specific as possible. Tell us what we need to know to give you the magic you need. That's what we're here for.

With Thanks,

Wayne and Aaron

Sep 1, 2007
I would really like it if the 1 on 1 was not just about tricks, but about performance. Like misdirection, how to get people to look where you want them to, how to construct your patter, ect, ect. I feel that these things are left out way to much and need to be addressed. This is why we see a lot of people on youtube that have no idea how to put on a show. Do something on all those things and stick them in a video please!

As for tricks. I would like to learn switches, stuff like top change, but better. Also card controls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 31, 2007
Obviously I feel that every cardman should have a few variations of double lifts that he can use. Perhaps a video of the doubles that you use the most on a daily basis and those that seem the most natural. Personally, I would like to see a video on the Strike double which is a move I have heard good things about but have never seen in action.

Aug 31, 2007
Ditto on the performance part. There's plenty of resources already to learn the technique, and those willing, can find it. It's the stuff BEYOND the tricks and techniques, that I would like some worker's advice on.

Sep 1, 2007
How could I forget! Color changes! There are so many, if you could teach the ones that are rarely on dvds and books, that would be cool!

Sep 1, 2007
I agree with Danny and S3al. Instead of rehashing too many sleights already available elsewhere, I would definitely purchase videos that teach the various skills of performance, body language, misdirection, and other things that are hard to convey in print. Then perhaps end the video with a quick effect that demonstrates the discussed skill. That would be great indeed.

Sep 1, 2007
Aaron, I would love to see your gravity half-pass. I've been working on that ever since I got the Paper Engine, and a performance and run through of it in the 1-on-1 section would be very appreciated.

Sep 1, 2007
i would like to learn some new more natural looking forces. Att he moment i am not too keen on the classic force, probably because i aint that good at it but some more forces would be nice.

also new colour changes and maybe some new ways to control cards to the top.

all the stuff i do just now work great and look natural but it never hurts to learn something new.

Sep 1, 2007
Something that helps against shaky hands :D
Maybe just put something that hasn't never been released before?

Sep 1, 2007
UK
What I would love to see is some of your (the Theory 11 team) personal creations sleight wise.
I would think that you all have controls, reveals, changes and utility moves that are either of your own creation... or you've modified to make better for yourself.
That's what I would like, your own personal stuff that can't be found else where ;)

Other than sleights and effects, maybe some of your personal thoughts on psychology and how to most effectively utilise it :)

Some really effective false shuffles would be cool... bottom dealing... center dealing... different crimps etc

I think misdirection may be hard to get across but an indepth discussion with the teams tips and suggestions would be insightful

Thats would I would like :D

Sep 1, 2007
New Jersey
I've made this suggestion once before and I don't know how everyone else feels about it but I would love to see Chad Nelson on 1on1 with his clipshift. :) What a great place for a first time release of the move.

AaronFisher

theory11 artist
Aug 31, 2007
www.aaronfishermagic.com
Hey Guys,

These are great responses. I'm so glad you're thinking along these lines.

We just put together some one on ones that address your most primary issue - How to REALLY cover and block your sleight of hand. We used the context of one of magic's most popular, least understood sleights. I think you'll be super pleased.

Keep this stuff coming - it's just what we need to hear.

With Thanks,
Aaron

aaron i just bought your book the other day and to be honest i wouldn't mind a video on your half pass. i basiclly got it but i have slight confuson on the right arm action. i still got a pesky habit on the left wanting to using the wrist and fingers and not the arm

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results