Actors on acting: Performance acting as art

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Here is a video of a table of great actors discussing the question, is acting art?
What relates directly to us is when they talk about PERFORMING ARTS. Which is what so many of us claim to do and what we aspire magic and cardistry to be. A legit performing art.
Very interesting conversation from some great actors.
The video is in three parts.

http://youtu.be/QZUKJJqdozY

No one dare for a second make fun of nic cage being there. Thats not what this thread is about and Adaptation, lord of war, bad lieutenant, 8mm, weather man are more than enough proof that he is a good actor and we don't need a thread dissing the man. Stick to the magic.

Sep 1, 2007
No one dare for a second make fun of nic cage being there. Thats not what this thread is about and Adaptation, lord of war, bad lieutenant, 8mm, weather man are more than enough proof that he is a good actor and we don't need a thread dissing the man. Stick to the magic.

I would actually argue that Nic Cage is someone for magicians to look up to. The man can do anything. His only problem is that he's crazy and consequently difficult to manage. No kidding, he said of Drive Angry that when he found out it would be shot in 3D he was thrilled with the potential for experimentation. He actually said he tried in one shot to get his tongue into the audience. I don't know many magicians who are willing to try anything that daring with their craft. I sure as hell am not!

I wasn't actually going to go there because I rather like Nick, but lets face it... he wasn't my first pick for Ghost Rider. Also along the lines of what Steer was saying about Nick being good for magicians, you do realize he's heavy into mysticism and the Kabala right?

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
I wasn't actually going to go there because I rather like Nick, but lets face it... he wasn't my first pick for Ghost Rider. Also along the lines of what Steer was saying about Nick being good for magicians, you do realize he's heavy into mysticism and the Kabala right?

Among other things (Drugs, debt, Alcohol, bankruptcy.) Yeah, I went there.

Typically Cage is ONLY good when he is allowed to be good and not just doing movie's to keep the IRS off him.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results