Amazing Magician

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
She shouldn't be teaching it freely. It is a staple part of magic that we don't want everyone to know.

because all the past youtube tutorials in the last few years on the DL have exposed it to the whole world that no magician can do a DL anymore without being called on it.
Come off it.
This thread isnt about DL youtube tutorials. Thats a different discussion. And one that has been discussed about to death.

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
because all the past youtube tutorials in the last few years on the DL have exposed it to the whole world that no magician can do a DL anymore without being called on it.
Come off it.
This thread isnt about DL youtube tutorials. Thats a different discussion. And one that has been discussed about to death.

Wow, a post of yours I agree with.

Look, everyone, I created this thread to spread the word about a wonderful young magician. If you're uninterested in that point of it, then leave.

Ian

Sep 3, 2007
Come off it.

Okay, I understand that. The difference between 100 idiots exposing the DL and one exposing it properly is a big thing.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Okay, I understand that. The difference between 100 idiots exposing the DL and one exposing it properly is a big thing.

what i love most about magicians is how they use the word exposure.
They make it seem as if the entire world is after there precious secrets. When in fact most of the masses couldnt care less. The only people who are interested in learning magic tricks are the ones who are really interested in learning it. At the beginning of course they are not aware of the good and bad of how to learn magic.

Sep 3, 2007
what i love most about magicians is how they use the word exposure.
They make it seem as if the entire world is after there precious secrets. When in fact most of the masses couldnt care less. The only people who are interested in learning magic tricks are the ones who are really interested in learning it. At the beginning of course they are not aware of the good and bad of how to learn magic.

I knew that you would do that. I'm half and half thinking that someone with a remote possibility of interest will go "look up tricks." If they do they show a genuine interest which is good. But they themselves shouldn't post up tutorials simply because they're good at magic.

By the way, "what i love most about magicians." Does that mean I'm included in the rare few?

Sep 3, 2007
Guys, this is getting too far off topic.

Resort to PMs at this stage, and let's get back to the great conversation and the great magician.

Ian

You're right. Let's get back to learning a DL on youtube.

[Edited] Or just getting back to the thread would be nice. Peace.

I conceid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 3, 2007
No need for sarcasm, bro.

Ian

So that ends the debate no? It is okay for someone to teach a DL on youtube.

[Edit] Dude, you can post back on here. You don't have to send a PM to me. This isn't a debate. It's a slaughter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 10, 2010
So that ends the debate no? It is okay for someone to teach a DL on youtube.

[Edit] Dude, you can post back on here. You don't have to send a PM to me. This isn't a debate. It's a slaughter.

I've got a great idea. Why don't you get your head out of your ass and stop posting this stupid bs about her teaching a double lift on YouTube and move on if you have nothing to say? Most, if not all, of the 3rd page was basically arguing back and forth because you're an idiot and can't shut up about it.

Being blunt here, but some basic sleights and tricks are really common, even among people that don't perform magic. Almost everybody I know knows what things like the snap change and double lift are. Okay?

Honestly, just piss off.

And sorry to the rest of you for having a little go at Sir FansALot.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Chris Kenner laughs at all the magicians who whine and cry about Youtube tutorials.
In his interview on Reel Magic, June 2009 he stated that people who look up videos and genuinely show interest in the art will "eventually" put in enough time and effort will learn the proper technique and that the video was wrong.

He said that people his age whined and fussed when VHS tapes came out because now all of the knowledge was widely available. This is just the cycle repeating itself.

As far as the discussion about female magicians...lets get it back on track. It started off great.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I don't know why there haven't been many female magicians. Perhaps it's because women aren't generally expected to be in the limelight. At least in America women are generally taught to be in the background. They are the ones that support the men and children. It's still somewhat unusual for women to take the lead and stand out. That's changing, but all entertainment categories are still dominated by men, I think.

Sep 1, 2007
UK
I for one would have been much happier to see another terrible tutorial by somebody without a clue than something half decent.

The reason I believe youtube exposure has had little effect at the moment, is because generally, the tutorials are terrible. It is not evident that many people know the concept of a double lift/turnover, and many believe they know what one looks like, but they only know what a poorly executed lift looks like, and so when done properly in performance, it is highly unlikely that anyone will be suspicious of the lifts.

However, if more of the videos were like this, and became popular enough, the problem would be greater. People would, for a change, realise that any lift could be a double if well executed. To teach it properly and make sure the general public know what a double really looks like just doesn't make sense. It's not helping anything, no matter how you spin it or how much you want to defend this girl "because of her skill".

As for this girl's skill, for her age, she is certainly quite talented, though if she were male, you know she would not have received nearly the same attention as she has, after all, at least based on the magician's of that age that I know personally, she's not that good. :p

Joe

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results