Amazing Magician

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
Sorry for posting threads often, but I thought this needed to be talked about. I was recently made aware through YouTube of a magician. This magician proceeded to do an amazing trick, producing an 8 ball from a deck of cards. This magician also has a pretty high voice. The performer in question also uses Studs, has impeccable ethics towards exposure and the art itself, and is a good entertainer overall.

This magician is a girl. Not trying to be sexist, but I'm basically saying all the qualities we admire in magicians is being exhibited by her. Go check out her magic (tricks) on her YouTube here. I'm just trying to spread the word about a fellow magician. If that's against the rules, bullpucky.

Ian

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
You had at least 95% of the forum at "This magician is a girl".

Incidentally, I lol'd at this comment on her page: "Yes, you're a girl, but you display great ethics and good performance."

Despite being a girl, she nonetheless manages to display great ethics. There's gotta be something wrong with that. But, it's always good to see more females in the art.

May 10, 2010
When I saw Right on Cue's ending, my jaw seriously dropped. I'm fixing it up now. But everytime I re-watch the video it kinda just falls out again. Damn. I'm still browsing through her channel but she's definitely really impressive. Thumbs up!

Jul 13, 2008
Guys, lets not start an argument here. Fact is, Ian posted this because girl magicians are a rarity, and it's really cool to see a really good girl magician on youtube. Sure, gender doesn't matter, but it would be really awesome if more girls got into magic like this one.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Nicely done. If I hadn't already known what to expect, I wouldn't have seen that coming. She's got some chops.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Guys, lets not start an argument here. Fact is, Ian posted this because girl magicians are a rarity, and it's really cool to see a really good girl magician on youtube. Sure, gender doesn't matter, but it would be really awesome if more girls got into magic like this one.

well theres plenty of reasons that there arent many girl magicians.
But my favorite example is the same as why there arent more female gamers.

http://www.dorkly.com/comic/1965/dueling-analogs-why-there-arent-more-female-gamers

Men are dogs when a girl comes walking in.
Whatever might seem "nerdy". Most girls dont touch.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
But my favorite example is the same as why there arent more female gamers.

http://www.dorkly.com/comic/1965/dueling-analogs-why-there-arent-more-female-gamers
I've seen such things first hand...very sad.

I read somewhere a magician's wife didn't enjoy going to conventions, not because of the learning of magic or feeling out of place, but because every lecturer ALWAYS call upon women as their spectators for examples. There is no real reason why, it's just who they go for, and she had gotten sick of being picked out of a crowd.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
I've seen such things first hand...very sad.

I read somewhere a magician's wife didn't enjoy going to conventions, not because of the learning of magic or feeling out of place, but because every lecturer ALWAYS call upon women as their spectators for examples. There is no real reason why, it's just who they go for, and she had gotten sick of being picked out of a crowd.

I think its just a habit of male magicians. We are used to having the women be the volunteer or the sexy assistant and nothing more.

May 2, 2010
New York, New York
Sorry for posting threads often, but I thought this needed to be talked about. I was recently made aware through YouTube of a magician. This magician proceeded to do an amazing trick, producing an 8 ball from a deck of cards. This magician also has a pretty high voice. The performer in question also uses Studs, has impeccable ethics towards exposure and the art itself, and is a good entertainer overall.

This magician is a girl. Not trying to be sexist, but I'm basically saying all the qualities we admire in magicians is being exhibited by her. Go check out her magic (tricks) on her YouTube here. I'm just trying to spread the word about a fellow magician. If that's against the rules, bullpucky.

Ian

I been subscribed to Maria for awhile now. Shes been at it for over 3yrs now and shes good. Its nice to see females entering magic. I would like to see it more.

I think its just a habit of male magicians. We are used to having the women be the volunteer or the sexy assistant and nothing more.

In terms of magic conventions, I think it's probably more down to the fact that nearly every guy at a magic convention is a magician whilst the majority of girls there are just the wives/girlfriends of the magicians. The Performers pick the women because they are more likely to be laymen and therefore react better, rather than just nodding politely whilst trying to analyse the moves used...

But I know what you mean, I took my girlfriend to a magic convention last year and just about every performer got her up on stage!

Rev

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Rev hit the nail on the head. 99% of the women at conventions are the wives or girlfriends of magicians and so they do get selected to go up on stage to actually "enjoy" the effect rather than think to themselves..."uhh....not another ACR". The best part is...they probably are thinking the same thing because they have seen their husband's crappy version at home 200 times while he asks her if he flashed or not.

It would be interesting to see polls or numbers of women magicians over history to analyze if the trend has been the same or declining.

Tell ya what....you get a smoking hot female magician up on stage with some chops....she is going to book a lot of gigs....ha ha. If not for laymen but male magicians.

Thanks for sharing the video. This girl looks like she has indeed has serious potential and headed on the right path.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Everything is generally male dominated. Why do you think the twilight movie franchise is so famous?
This is the first time hollywood has actually put out an epic summer movie specifically for girls and women. Everything that comes out as epic and fun is geared towards teen boys and men. That doesnt mean women havent enjoyed films like live free or die hard,transformers,etc but this is the first time a film specifically geared towards teenage girls and women has come out that isnt almost insulting to them or super "girly".

Sep 3, 2007
Rev hit the nail on the head. 99% of the women at conventions are the wives or girlfriends of magicians and so they do get selected to go up on stage to actually "enjoy" the effect rather than think to themselves..."uhh....not another ACR". The best part is...they probably are thinking the same thing because they have seen their husband's crappy version at home 200 times while he asks her if he flashed or not.

It would be interesting to see polls or numbers of women magicians over history to analyze if the trend has been the same or declining.

Tell ya what....you get a smoking hot female magician up on stage with some chops....she is going to book a lot of gigs....ha ha. If not for laymen but male magicians.

Thanks for sharing the video. This girl looks like she has indeed has serious potential and headed on the right path.

Crappy version at home... You gotta love that. I haven't looked into it but I would bet the lady on the video isn't married yet. And, the universe will explode when she's asking the husband if she flashed?

We haven't seen much of it but I think it's very sexy seeing a woman do magic. After seeing me do a faro shuffle 1000+ times my wife picked up a deck and wove it on her own. Not a perfect faro but dang close considering no instruction on it. More women in magic will change the art.

Sep 3, 2007
Ewww YouTube tutorials

If you're talking about the girl on the video having youtube tutorials this thread should be deleted.

[Edited] I just saw it and it is only a DL. But she is giving up some secrets. Why don't I go and start posting some tutorials? Because I can't. It is against the rules. The moral rules.

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
I don't understand your comment...do you mean you think the thread should be deleted? In which case I wholeheartedly disagree with you.

Edit: In response to your comment, that "tutorial" is a lesson on how to do a proper DL. It's a simple sleight and she's teaching it correctly. Name any other YouTuber who does that.

Ian

Sep 3, 2007
I don't understand your comment...do you mean you think the thread should be deleted? In which case I wholeheartedly disagree with you.

Edit: In response to your comment, that "tutorial" is a lesson on how to do a proper DL. It's a simple sleight and she's teaching it correctly. Name any other YouTuber who does that.

Ian

She shouldn't be teaching it freely. It is a staple part of magic that we don't want everyone to know. I actually feel bad about it because some of the instructions she gave on the move I've learned on my own after years. These are the sort of tips that cannot be freely given.

Unless of course you want to learn it. Then it's your problem for going against what magic is supposed to be. A trick that you don't reveal is better than the one you do. A spectator will know the difference even when they don't know the secret.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results