Angle Zero = Stage Effect?

Apr 15, 2008
Do Saw, Warning, Stigmata, Control and Wounded. That should knock em' dead...

AT CHURCH!!!!!!

Maybe some different choices. No one at church wants to see blood come out of your eye as you saw through your neck. Try to get an effect that, with correct patter, could relate to the message your pastor is talking about.

As already said, just make everything bigger... I don't know if you should use jambo cards with Angle Zero, unless you have big hands, but when you're ripping the card and making the piece disappear, put your hands in front of your body and high in the air, and make a big deal out of it, use big motions.
And don't go for the piece yourself, send someone to look for it, and then have him come all the way across the room again to check for himselfthat the pieces match... You'll have great reactions.

Feb 8, 2008
Success!

So, I performed Angle Zero on stage, and I can say that it translates to a stage effect very easily. I just taped an envelope to the bottom of a random seat and made the piece go to there. The audience loved it, but since it was my first time on stage, I was a little nervous. Therefore, I don't think I really smiled. Haha, overall, everybody was amazed and some stood up and clapped.

Aug 5, 2008
I was about to post a suggestion, until I saw yours.

In any case, congratulations on the success of your performance. It's alright if the performance wasn't the best. It's your first time on stage, after all. The first performance always provides the platform for improvement to the second.

Just out of curiosity, did you perform any other tricks?

Feb 8, 2008
No, I didn't perofrm any other tricks, mainly because I was given a small window. This is my plan for henceforth: I will be performing bi- or tri-weekly, having one effect that lasts about ten minutes, and that will be kind of an interesting thing to get church started off in a good mood, if you know what I mean.

Jan 19, 2009
hy,
a week later I'll perform on stage and I think 'ill do angle zero too and other tricks.
This will be a talent show in my school.(8 mins)
So my question is that where should I take the corner of the card?
Which hits the biggest?

Nov 27, 2009
I figure that if you tape the corner on the bottom of a chair in the middle of the audience it'll be far enough away and impossible enough that everyone will go nuts. Of course, this being possible depends on what kind of chairs your school auditorium has, but the idea applies to pretty much anything.

Apr 20, 2010
You guys realize this thread is over 3 years old right? It'll be hard to get the OP or any commenters to respond. I liked someone's idea in this thread of pinning it to a door, everyone could see it on their way out.

Feb 4, 2008
hy,
a week later I'll perform on stage and I think 'ill do angle zero too and other tricks.
This will be a talent show in my school.(8 mins)
So my question is that where should I take the corner of the card?
Which hits the biggest?
Have you thought in terms of pre-show? Think of someone in authority at your school who will be present at the talent show. For instance, Principal, Student body president, perhaps the teacher or counselor who is in charge of organizing this specific event. You could do some simple bill switching effect that gives you brief access to their wallet. You will probably get a bit of dual reality out of this but it should play pretty well.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
So, my church's youth pastor found out that I was a magician, and to make a long story short, now wants me to do some stage stuff at church every once in a while. Herein lays the problem: I am mainly a close-up magician and have never done a piece of magic on stage before. My segment is supposed to be pretty short, so I am intending to do angle zero and have the ripped piece travel across to the back of the room. I need some tips on how to make this a big effect and one suitable for stage. As it is, it is an excellent trick, but maybe someone could help me with making it mind-blowing for the entire audience, not just the ones in the front who can see the piece easily. This is an audience of 150 MAXIMUM.

Thanks for the help,
Magicbysage.

P.S. Could flow by Dan Hauss be a good effect for stage?
instead of suggesting tricks to buy im gonna say for angle zero bring in a assistant from the audience to pick the card and really show what your gonna do. Always face the audience. speak out loud. please be coherent and don't play an average joe magician.

Jan 19, 2009
What kind of magician is an "average joe magician"? :D
I won't be average.I did performances before and they said that I'm awesome and not an average magician because I got my own style.
I hope that there will be a camera and someone will record it :D

I got another idea: What do you think about French kiss by WH? Is it good for stage?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results