Another beginner...

Discussion in 'Magic Forum' started by Iamhaddy, Oct 19, 2009.

1. well, i'm just another beginner trying to start coin magic. you guys should make a sticky about how to begin..

anyways, i have some coin background but i only did coin flourishes for 2 years but not much magic at all. the only thing thats a bit "magicy" i can do is the muscle pass which i can do fairly well.

just wondering is there any essentials moves i should learn when i start like the charlier or thumb fan in cardistry. or any books/DVD i should buy such as the bible in cardistry.

thanks for the help

2. Probably the most advised book, the equivalent of Royal Road or Card College, for coin magic, would be Modern Coin Magic - Bobo.

3. "In the Beginning there were Coins" --Jay Noblezada (but please...this is just a supplement to Bob's Modern Coin Magic. Do NOT hesitate to buy that book.)

"Revolutionary Coin Magic 1 + 2" --Jay Sankey (again, many ideas based on Bobo's)

fundamentals are important, and don't overlook the simplicity of a book! Bobo's is the way to go.

All the best,

::dAvid

4. You can find free (and legal) PDFs of some coin magic books by T. Nelson Downs on Google books. Modern Coin Manipulation is one of them.