Are all of the DGP's worth $175?

Aug 6, 2008
Yes. It has a ton of great magic. Buttt(haha).. I would recommend getting only a couple to start off with and getting the rest later. Get the ones with the tricks you like most. I like a lot of the stuff on disc 6.

Nov 9, 2010
Definitely worth it, but do as Siddarth suggested before me and only get one (or perhaps two) of the DVDs first. It is tempting sometimes, but Effects Overload can really hinder your development. (And too much Garcia may give you stomach pains caused by laughter.)

Apr 1, 2009
California
worth it? like D ICE R said... You are the only one that can tell. For me, it was well worth the price since I perform 90% of the material. Garcia's material just fits me... Fits my style. My environment. I love it. For you, I don't know you, but there's something for everyone.

yes..they got a lot of great magic but some tricks just variation of the same handling that just be variate...
some also they take it from the previous DVDs that T11 sells..

but if you buy for collector and improve your magic well, you should buy it...^^

Apr 1, 2009
California
Actually the only stuff they have from previous "DVDs" is the stuff from Symphony which they already stated are snippets from the projects. So I think it's more fair to say Theory's Symphony took from the projects.

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
I think most of the DGP material is quite weak and boardering "rubbish" versions of better tricks. There are a handful of gems but you'd be much better off getting Tarbell or Card College.

No. Absolutely not.

Buy the first three. They are gold. And if you're not in the money, just get volume 1 and 3. Even the performance reels are a joy to watch. All together they make up a mini street magic special.

The new ones.... they really suck. Even Garcia himself sucks. He's boring. Lacks the enthusiasm and energy he had in the first set. Even in explanation, sometimes he speaks rigidly and scripted with this dead look like he's pretending to be one of the Buck twins. Many of the effects don't have audience performances. It looks like they tried to give the performances some of the feel of the first set, with the whole "road trip across texas!" thing, but they just fail. They do several similar shots (hip level shot of a location or DG walking) that are slightly reminiscent but its just dead. And the actual audience performances were boring at best, except for the iCard performance.

Now, I only have 1-3 and 4 and 6. Maybe somehow volume 5 is sheer genius, but I doubt it. Seems like Garcia has been wrung dry since the original DGP came out. For me, the only seriously good thing off the new set was "On the Rocks" (looks REAL) and the iphone/ipod magic. Other notable tricks were POP! and party perception, which I've not tried, but looks like it has promise.

XabierL

Elite Member
Aug 14, 2010
I also love the 2nd volume, I perform only 4 everyday... If you want a complete review of each trick, of each volume, of each set of volumes and the entire set,
written by a master magician (AKA me) click HERE
Hope this helps

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results