Arguments are Useless...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the past few days I have noticed an abundance of threads that simply turned into arguments that were about the dumbest things. Int he past there have been a few threads that start debating about which computer is better, a PC or a mac. (Please do not share your opinions about this in this thread.)

There have also been countless arguments about Justin Miller being semi-retired. Now, this argument is magic related but it was not on topic with the thread. Let me give you an idea of what happens.

Threadstarter: Hey I just got Silver Dream, by Justin Miller. and it's awsome. But I'm having a bit of trouble with the second vanish. could someone PM me and help me out. Thanks.

Anotherguy: Dude! That is so easy. Check your PM's.

Anotherguy2: Justin Miller is so cool.

Anotherguy3: He is semi-retired you know?

Anotherguy2: I don't think so. I think he is still making stuff.

Anotherguy3: Nope. he is semiretired. You are just a moron.

Annotherguy2: I think your wrong. And you are the moron you @$$!!!

Threadstarter: Can we get on subject please?

Anotherguy3: He is Semi-retired I know it.

Anotherguy2: He is NOT!!!!

Moderator: Guys, this is a magic forum. So please get back to the magic.

Anotherguy3: This kid is still wrong.

Anotherguy2: I am not. Go die in a hole.

Anotherguy3: Screw you!!!

Moserator: CLOSED...

This is what happens a lot and I think it needs to stop. I love the moderators here and they do a great job so I am trying to help them out. Stupid arguments like the above are useless and waste space here. You will also notice how other people get involved in the argument just because they think it would be fun. That's not cool. Please stick to what the person who started the thread is asking ot talking about. And do NOT get sucked into these fights.

FINAL THOUGHTS:

Stop these arguments. Give the moderators some help and make it so they don't have to monitor these ridiculous fights so much. Stick to the topic and don't do this. also, if you see some people who are in a random debate over nothing, DO NOT get involved. Simply rport the posts and let the moderators take care of it. do not retaliate. Moderators, i hope people will stop this nonsense soon.

Dylan P.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Eh, it's going to happen, and you're not going to change that. Hate to break it to you, but no matter what forum you're on, there are going to be arguments.

Give the moderators some help and make it so they don't have to monitor these ridiculous fights so much.

I'm not trying to be rude or mean, but isn't monitoring/moderating the forums their job? :rolleyes:

Eh, it's going to happen, and you're not going to change that. Hate to break it to you, but no matter what forum you're on, there are going to be arguments.

I'm not trying to be rude or mean, but isn't monitoring/moderating the forums their job? :rolleyes:

I know I won't change much but maybe at5 least more people will become aware of arguments. Also, yes it is their job but they have a life too. We need to give them some relaxation time so they don't have to put up with so much crap.

Someone is a wanna be mod. If you don't like it then don't get yourself involved, fairly simple.

I know where you are coming from but I just wanted to raise the awareness level. I have actually gotten PM's from the mods thanking me for the help I give around here. I am just trying to make their lives a bit easier. And they don't even get payed to be mods.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I know I won't change much but maybe at5 least more people will become aware of arguments. Also, yes it is their job but they have a life too. We need to give them some relaxation time so they don't have to put up with so much crap.

I'm going to have to agree with Allan and say to stop trying to be a Mod. Once again, that's their job, and yes they have a life, and they're not always on here. But when they are on here, they have a job to do, and we all expect them to do it well... which they do. I think everyone here is aware of arguments...

I know they don't get paid to be Mods, but they accepted the responsibility and they have to live up to that. Therefore, when they come to the forums, they have a job to do, regardless of pay. If they don't want to do it, then they need to tell Mr. Bayme or whoever it concerns that they no longer wish to do it. It's that simple.

I have actually gotten PM's from the mods thanking me for the help I give around here.

All right...

AllanLuu

Banned
Aug 31, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I know where you are coming from but I just wanted to raise the awareness level. I have actually gotten PM's from the mods thanking me for the help I give around here. I am just trying to make their lives a bit easier. And they don't even get payed to be mods.

Then why not request to be a mod or something. Don't be like Randal from recess (the tattle tailer).

D

Deleted member 2755

We all know that there are dumb arguments here all the time... hence why I don't post as much anymore... The mods do the best that they can and that's pretty much all anyone could ever ask for. Theory 11 is sadly full of spam and dumb topics...

On a side note... Justin Miller is semi retired. :)

-Doug

D

Deleted member 2755

USELESS DEBATE!!!! This whole thread is useless!

I will have to agree with you on that. ;) Everyone knows what the forum is and there isn't much that can stop it. The fact that the forum is overrun with spam has also been brought up in new threads on several occasions. This thread is useless. Most arguments are useless. Threads saying how much spam there is is almost like adding to the spam. :eek:

-Doug

I will have to agree with you on that. ;) Everyone knows what the forum is and there isn't much that can stop it. The fact that the forum is overrun with spam has also been brought up in new threads on several occasions. This thread is useless. Most arguments are useless. Threads saying how much spam there is is almost like adding to the spam. :eek:

-Doug

I am not talking about how much there is I am simply saying not to get involved in it. simply report the ost and move on.

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
Dylan is merely trying to voice his opinion. While writing an entire thread about useless posts is in and of itself ironic, he enjoys this place and is just trying help out.

There is no need for the put downs or any rudeness. If you are saying this thread is pointless, and you yourself keep responding to it, what does that make you? If you want a thread to die, stop posting in it. Simple as that.

Dylan, while your intent may have been good, trying to stop arguments and pointless threads on a public forum is as about as fruitless as trying to carry water in a sieve.

:: ThrallMind Out ::

Hey guys, Don't reply to this thread if your just giving another useless comment like "we know about the arguments and yeah the moderators do a good job" talk.
Let's just leave this topic stand and forget about it.
I know you want to reply but just move on.:rolleyes:

Feb 13, 2008
Look guys, Dylan isn't trying to be the mod who's going around saying, "play nice kids", he's just trying to help with the problem. If everybody tried to help it would likely not happen at all. The reason the spam doesn't stop is because people don't take what Dylan has to say to heart. If everybody read this and decided that, "Hey, maybe I shouldn't fight and just stay on topic", then the problem would be decreased. Dylan's not trying to cure the cancer, he's just trying to lessen the pain.

Dec 17, 2007
Canada
1. Macs rule!!!!!
2. I thought you said semi (mentally challenged) instead of retired.
3. Dylan you contribute a lot to this site but we all know you are dying to be a mod.

-Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results